General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Friday 13th!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 18 Aug 2004 16:19

Hi guys, Can you match or beat mine?? My hubby was found beside his lorry on Fri morn, he had collasped and no-one knew the reason. He was in so much pain that they thought it was a bleed on the brain or even a tumour. CT scan came back clear, they then did lumbar puncture for bacterial meningitis, fortunately that came back clear. All he remembers is being violently sick and his vision was like a kaleidescope. I think he had a VERY severe migraine. He's not allowed to drive until further tests, so has been signed off work for a month to start with. We live in Maidstone, Kent, he took ill at Clackett Services so was taken to Redhill hosp so spent all weekend trolleying back and forth. Very glad to get him home, has made both of us aware that we do take each other for granted. Julie

Lisa

Lisa Report 18 Aug 2004 16:24

julie i think that was what it could have been.i get them now and again.i start to feel very tired and dizzy.then i get a flashing light sensation in my eyes then my vision goes completely and it's all blurred and like you said it's like a kaliedoscope effect.then i have a pounding headache that pills will not shift and then comes the nausea.was sent home awhile back because i couldn't do anything.could it be your husband needs glasses when he drives.i changed mine and touch wood haven't had an attack for a whilexxx