General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

just one moment in time!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Aug 2004 14:56

has there been a moment in your life,where something happens to make you walk on air? ive only been back to work a few weeks,after a long illness...my second job back was attending a four car pile up..i did my best to treat this little boy,he was seriously injured,and we had to wait a few mins,while fire rescue cut him free..we put him in the ambulance,and i decided to treat him,while my assistant drove..his vital signs were poor,in fact we lost him once,but being a little fighter,he came back to us. a few days later,i popped in to see him,in the hdu,only to be told,his chances were slim. well today,as i was leaving,i felt a tug on my trouser leg...YES HE WAS LEAVING HOSPITAL,and i got a lovely hug from him,and from his mother...ime walking on air,and i wanted to share this with you..............bryan.

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 19 Aug 2004 15:00

Great to hear some good news for once! Linda x

valinkent

valinkent Report 19 Aug 2004 15:02

That must have been a wonderfull moment Bryan . You do a wonderful job,keep up the good work lots of us will need your help at sometime ,but i hope it is not me ,i mean that in the nicest way . Val

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 19 Aug 2004 15:02

bryan what a fantastic story you must be so proud.after all you HELPED save this little boys life i admire you so much ,keep up the good work susie

Ann

Ann Report 19 Aug 2004 15:03

That's the kind of story I love...one with a happy ending. Keep up the good work, you should be very proud of yourself!! Ann x x

David

David Report 19 Aug 2004 15:06

Bryan Thats really moving makes you feel good just reading about it. I fetched a young boy out of a river once but sadly it was to late to save him, the ambulance crew took over and tried to revive him to no avail, felt bad about that for years. David

Lisa

Lisa Report 19 Aug 2004 15:13

bryan that is so lovely.it must have made you and your family proud that this little boy didn't have much hope and you gave him his life back.i really do admire people like you love and hugs lisaxxxxxxx

Anne

Anne Report 19 Aug 2004 15:20

Thats a lovely story Bryan, brought a tear to my eye. Well done. Lynda

Lindy

Lindy Report 19 Aug 2004 15:48

Bryan, That must have been the most wonderful experience. I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing. Lindy:-)))))))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Aug 2004 15:50

Bryan, how wonderful. Glad you posted this, it's lovely to hear such a happy story. You do a wonderful job, hugs Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Aug 2004 15:54

wot a lovely memory,that will stay with you forever lesley. the little boy,will need to come back in hospital for a few skin grafts,but the worst is over...i said to him..wot do you want to be,when you grow up..he said i want to play for arsenal....i thought,is there no getting away from lynda pace lol. bryan.

Jane

Jane Report 19 Aug 2004 16:26

Bryan - when I started to read your thread I thought oh yes my moments - the day I got married, had the kids and got my degree. Then I read on and they all pale into insignificance! People like you deserve a medal but all you'll say is - just doing my job. All I can say is what a job! Jane

Lynda

Lynda Report 19 Aug 2004 18:15

Bryan I think that is wonderful, and what a feeling it must have given you. I work in the NHS, and years ago worked on reception in A&E. Saw and heard great sadness and trauma resulting from RTAs, so the happy endings always meant such a lot. By the way, don't think the Paramedics get the recognition they deserve. Lynda xx

Fairy

Fairy Report 19 Aug 2004 18:26

That's lovely news Bryan. I take it you are a policeman? Jo. Sorry reading on you are a Paramedic not a policeman. Thankyou for the work you do. Jo.