General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sick notes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvette

Yvette Report 19 Aug 2004 20:37

My brother had the day off work as sick today due to an accident last night.He burnt his arm on a naked light bulb whilst up in his loft last night....no comment necessary on that mistake, lol. ......Over night it turned 'nasty' so he went to the local A&E and as it wasn't an emergency ended up with quite a wait, and the day off work. .....It got me wondering, whats the funniest excuse you have given/heard of for having time off as 'sick' ....(by the way, my brother is ok, just sore and feeling very silly!!) Yvette

Amy

Amy Report 20 Aug 2004 14:34

One of my friends broke her ankle standing up after dinner. Off a normal chair as well, not a really high one! Still no idea how she managed it!

Lisa

Lisa Report 20 Aug 2004 14:38

yvette no comment as i might be handed my p45 tomorrow if i let slip!!!xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Aug 2004 15:45

A Headmaster friend of mine received a note from a child's mother which read 'Our Nicola can't come today - its getten th'shithers. Can't spell proper word'

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Aug 2004 16:21

its quite common to see patients in our local A/E,that have piles,but when the doc goes to give them a cert,the majority plead with the doc,to put some other ailment...there really seems to be a social stigma in having piles lol. bryan.

Lynne

Lynne Report 20 Aug 2004 16:45

I once had a colleague who was off work for three days and when he came back he said he'd been stuck in a lift!! We later discovered he grew his own Cannabis in his flat - LOL! Think he was hallucinating about the lift? Lynne

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 20 Aug 2004 17:25

I was driving to work with a man on a motor bike in front of me. We came to a large round about heavy with traffic . I was keeping one eye on the traffic to my right and one eye on the motorbike in front - he edged forward as if he was about to go straight over , so I still with my eyes on the traffice to the right I saw a gap and edged forward BUMP the motorbike hadn't gone and I knowcked him off. I felt terrible and just burst out crying - he was ok and very good about it. Anyway no damage and off he went . I drove all the way to work . walked into my office was very sick and was driven home again lol. Later that day a bunch of flowers arrived from the poor man who I knocked off his bike .... bless him and it was MY FAULT.