General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacts board quiry ???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

valinkent

valinkent Report 20 Aug 2004 09:58

When we contact someone it comes up with there name and say,s about your tree and at the end it say,s allow .Do,s this mean that every time we contact people they can see our tree???? I have just been in and changed them all to remove . What do you think ? are we giving permission to everyone ,i dont understand ,or am i stupid !!!!! Val

Karen

Karen Report 20 Aug 2004 10:41

Hiya Val I've just checked the help screen on the contacts sections cos I wasnt 100% certain. but it says if you want someone to have access to your tree you click the "access" button and then if you want to stop them having access to your tree you click the "remove" button. Karen

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 20 Aug 2004 11:43

Val I think Liz is right. Looks like you've just given permission for everyone to view your tree! Dee x

valinkent

valinkent Report 20 Aug 2004 12:05

Dont understand this at all .I think i will delete all my contacts to be on the safe side as i did have a problem similar to Joys . Thanks for all your replies . Confused Val

valinkent

valinkent Report 20 Aug 2004 14:03

Well what a mess i have got myself in ,My contacts are all giving me permission to view there tree,s and i don,t know if i have given them permission to view mine .I dont like this as there are people you do not want to view your tree . Confussed Val

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 20 Aug 2004 14:12

Liz is right, if someone already has access to your tree it will say remove, which gives you the option to no longer let them view it. If it says allow and you click that, it then lets someone see your tree. If a tree shows in the column beside their name it means you have been permitted to see their tree. I know that all sounds like double Dutch but hope it's helpful Christine

Valice in

Valice in Report 20 Aug 2004 14:47

Have just contacted someone about a name in their tree, at the end I noticed there was a tick box which allows them to see your tree, you have to untick it, if you don't want them to have that facility

valinkent

valinkent Report 20 Aug 2004 18:00

If you go into Your Cotacts it says Contacts name regarding date Their tree Your tree Request Allow What i want to know is if you do not want them to see your tree do you have to click on allow and then remove comes up which means they cannot see your tree am i right .I have no picture,s of tree,s as yet .ALLOW IS THERE FROM THE START . EVEN MORE CONFUSED VAL

Ann

Ann Report 20 Aug 2004 18:20

Val, I have only given two people permission to view my tree- currently both those names say 'remove' against them. All the others say allow. Therefore, if you have 'remove' against your contacts than it means they can see your tree. If you don't want them to, change it back to 'allow'.

valinkent

valinkent Report 20 Aug 2004 19:48

Hi everyone Thanks for all your help i think i have got it know . I promise i will not trouble you any more on this . Val .