General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my new life starts today!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 23 Aug 2004 13:21

i decided, after putting on an enormous amount of weight since leaving the army that today is the start of my new life. i turned 35 last week as many know so it's time for a shake up. i put out my last cigarette at midnight last night and started on a very famous diet this morning! i'm also going to do squash, tennis and badminton and stop drinking every night. i lasted till about 10 minutes ago when i had a cup of tea and a chocolate cookie! still havent had a ciggie though! paul...

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 23 Aug 2004 13:23

Go for it Paul- Good luck to you! -x-

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Aug 2004 13:24

paul gave up smoking 12 years ago.after thinking long and hard about my health.plus i was pregnant at the time.be warned though paul i think you cannot do both at once as soon as i gave up the fags i put on two stone.how much do you weigh anyway.are you a billy bunter!!!!!xxxxx(:

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Aug 2004 13:24

Good start Paul. You can see what I look like now too. Lisa is also sorting out a pic for the MSN groups site.

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Aug 2004 13:25

paul i'm a busy girl today.have to pop out to look at a new hall carpet.will speak soonxxx(:

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 23 Aug 2004 13:29

You can do it ! Ive lost 2 stone since October. You will lose weight as well. Just dont deny yourself anything if you fancy something then have it & dont feel guilty about it. Just go straight back on the straight & narrow afterwards. Better one small bar of choc than 3 large ones as you binge cos you have let a craving get out of hand.... E x

Anne

Anne Report 23 Aug 2004 13:30

Well done Paul, keep it up, play lots of sports that'll help keep your weight down, but your still young well youngish lol so any weight gain should be easy to lose. I gave up just before Easter and doing surprisingly well.

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 23 Aug 2004 13:30

see i thought if i combined the not smoking with the diet then the two would work together. and lisa of course you put on two stone, you were pregnant! daniel how do you get to the pictures?

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Aug 2004 13:32

http://groups.msn*com/GCPhotospage/shoebox.msnw

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Aug 2004 13:32

paul i could do with losing afew pounds why don't we lose weight together and lets keep each other informed of our progress.have to go speak laterxxx(:

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 23 Aug 2004 13:36

thanks daniel. lisa, how do you suggest we lose weight together?? i can only think of 1 way! x

Yvette

Yvette Report 23 Aug 2004 13:37

Paul Good luck with your new start, giving up the ciggies takes a lot of will power but it is SO worth it. As for the weight, don't worry too much about 'that' diet, just stick to the exercise/sport bit and eat lots of fruit and veg and you will get there without noticing! Yvette

Melinda

Melinda Report 23 Aug 2004 13:37

good luck to you paul, just keep thinking it's all worth it in the end. melinda

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Aug 2004 15:21

stop eating chocolate paul thats the way i meant!!!XXX(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Aug 2004 15:23

paul weigh yourself tonight and come next monday tell me how much you have lost in a week.

David

David Report 23 Aug 2004 15:27

Well done Paul stick with it, one ex soldier to another chin in stomace in chest out stand by your bed. Best of luck David

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Aug 2004 15:29

paul what regiment were you with.had a boyfriend in the royal hampshires.

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 23 Aug 2004 15:32

thanks david and everyone else for your kind support. still havent had a ciggy. i know it only been a few hours really and thats nothing but this is the longest i have been without one for about20 years! (i started young!) lisa i will def let you know how much i lose. i'm not exactly a fat bloke. just got a bit of a middle age spread going on thats all! x

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 23 Aug 2004 15:33

the royal artillery. 15 years man and boy! x

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Aug 2004 17:17

paul it might help if you walk around your office for a while rather than nattering to us.i bet the only thing that's lost weight is your fingers where you have been sending your threadsxxx(: