General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Whats the weather where youare?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 23 Aug 2004 15:44

Not such a nice day here in cambridgeshire wokeup to rain this morning stopped around lunch time for about an hour now we got it all......thunder ,lightning ,andguess what ? yep.. Rain good old Engish weather Eh ?.......JEAN.

Amy

Amy Report 23 Aug 2004 16:25

Horrid! Only word for it! I want sunshine!! Amy x

Jane

Jane Report 23 Aug 2004 16:52

Well it has been dry. Very overcast and gloomy though. And how my husband has managed to paint a white ceiling white I shall never know. I used to live near Peterborough - Huntingdon. I have a friend who lives in Bretton! Small world Jane

valinkent

valinkent Report 23 Aug 2004 17:18

Hi have been out all day ,just got back from Canterbury after having lunch and a few glasses or wine with a friend . As for the weather here in Kent not too bad ,had some rain first thing this morning but has been a very nice day,a bit windy but sunny and warm # Val

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Aug 2004 17:20

Somerset has had almost all four seasons again today - bit of sun, bit of rain, still very warm with some filthy clouds overhead! Have made good use of the tumble drier today! Mandy :)

Lindy

Lindy Report 23 Aug 2004 17:21

Jean, It has been hot sticky and a big black cloud just hanging there thunder but no rain. Lindy:-(

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Aug 2004 17:22

the suns out but got soaked earlier as it really did pour downx(:

Sprack

Sprack Report 23 Aug 2004 17:38

very heavy showers in southampton. jenny

Philip

Philip Report 23 Aug 2004 19:09

Glug.... glug.....glug from Burrington! Spot of sun from time to time, but mainly glug! lol! Weather forecast this evening said that an intense rain stream has run straight up the centre of the peninsula, with sun either side, and glug in the middle. Glug, glug, glug..... reckon I was plumb in the middle. Glug! Philip

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 23 Aug 2004 19:11

Not to different from you Jean, although I am only in the next county, Bourne in Lincolnshire. Rebecca

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 23 Aug 2004 21:47

To quote a classic line from the TV comedy "Just Good Friends". "You're in the best place babe . . . . . it's pissing down outside". Anyone remember this episode?