General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

which job do you hate to do around the house

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 25 Aug 2004 11:51

i have just cleaned out my deep fat fryer and i hate this job so much so i was just wondering which job do you hate to do around the house

Helen

Helen Report 25 Aug 2004 11:53

Kylie, I hate packing away the groceries - I think it's my NO.1 'hate'! Not too keen on cleaning the overn either!

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 25 Aug 2004 11:56

they are mine too helen one day i will buy a self clean oven if they do them hehe

Theresa

Theresa Report 25 Aug 2004 11:58

I hate the ironing, Get my niece to do that way she gets a bit of xtra cash and i dont have to do it lol.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Aug 2004 12:01

Kylie I don't own a deep-fat fryer. Worst kitchen job is cleaning the hood part of my oven (it contains a ventilator) as it collects a lot of grease. Worst job round the house has to be cleaning the toilet. I have a husband and two sons...say no more! If we were a house of ladies I would never need to lift the seat. Most difficult things to clear up after a spillage: raw egg white and wet coffee grounds. nell

Theresa

Theresa Report 25 Aug 2004 12:09

My two housework hates are shower cleaning and the oven, but on the subject of deep fryers i chucked mine out for that same reason, i dont deep fry at all now. Regards theresa Melb Australia

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 25 Aug 2004 13:19

I agree about putting away the groceries - i always have a fight with the freezer to fit it all in and i absolutely loathe ironing, i usually hide it all in the tumble dryer till i have to do it cos we have no ironed clothes to wear. Maybe i just should have been born a lady of leisure lol.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Aug 2004 13:21

hi kylie i hate the deep fat fryer too!! i also hate cleaning the dyson hoover out AND no sooner have i cleaned the whole house it soon gets back to square 1, but as my gran says you cant live in a palace with 3 kids... mmmm... maybe i should swop places with the queen! lol BUT i do have a solution. my hubby is brill around the house, altho hes at work all day when he comes home he gives me a hand and with the kids and doesnt moan about it, bless him awww

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 25 Aug 2004 13:30

The Ironing - I loathe it As for a house cleaning it has to be the cooker hood - its a foul chore one I am only too glad to see my hubby do !!! You can get self cleaning panels for your existing cooker these days _ I have them !! Much happiness Debi

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Aug 2004 13:33

I don't like cleaning the inside of the shower screen. It has two panes which slide across each other. It's the silly inaccessible 3 inch overlapping bit that is such a nuisance, especially with our hard water. No problem with deep fat fryer, I don't deep fry!!

Mark

Mark Report 25 Aug 2004 13:56

I hate trying to fit all the kids toys in the toy box cos they seem to multiply every day and just pile up! Also I hate cleaning the cupboards out, as for cleaning cookers and hoods, if you can't see it, don't bother cleaning it!

Ann

Ann Report 25 Aug 2004 14:32

All of it- I hate housework!!! When we are having visitors I start 'the big tidy up' about a week before hand!!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Aug 2004 14:33

Changing the bed sheets, taking the sheets off, washing them and then the worst part, putting them on! arrrggggghhhhh i cant stand it!!! -x-

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Aug 2004 19:55

i hate all the jobs round the house, it seems all jobs are mine and if anyone helps they say i did this for you, i hate ironing, laudry, shopping, cooking, its all thankless. and expected of me. sorry if i sound fed up, i am