General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bit Like David .... Hard Job Finally Done

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda

Lynda Report 25 Aug 2004 19:33

At last after one year I have finally got round to sorting my hubby's clothes. Yep a few tears, but a lot of memories (nice ones too) and tomorrow the Hospice is coming to collect. But I am cheered.... you want to know why..... well it's seeing all bad feeling has left this board and so nice to see Gaynor on here and smiling, an example to us all!! I am now sitting here with a large glass of house red...... so cheers to everyone out there!! Lynda xxxxx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Aug 2004 19:44

That can't have been easy for you, Lynda. Well done for being so positive.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Aug 2004 19:44

dear lynda, i was going to email you tonight,as i thought you were going to sort the clothes tomorrow. enjoy your glass,or two of wine,if anyone desrves it,you certainly do! your one of the nicest people on these boards. best wishes...bryan.

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 25 Aug 2004 19:45

Hi Lynda, Cheers to you, and all the very best for the future. xx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Aug 2004 19:45

hope your feeling ok now with your glass of red wine, lynda and you say the board is happier today, i hope so as it seems even in work today people seem to be sniping at each other, glad too to see gaynor on here, you are an inspiration. best wishes to you both

Fairy

Fairy Report 25 Aug 2004 19:51

Good for you Lynda, now you can move on. Take care. Luv Jo.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 25 Aug 2004 20:04

Hi Lynda well done,it takes a lot of courage to clear our loved ones clothes out.now its your time to chill out,will join you with a glass of wine,CHEERS Lynda.you can now move on,you still have all the happy memories and your hubby is with you every step of the way cheering you on. Love Sue

David

David Report 25 Aug 2004 20:04

Ohh Lynda So pleased for you, it is unbelievebly difficult to do, since i did mine with the help of these lovely people here i have felt so much more in control, i'm sure we can all help you feel better soon, enjoy the wine. Best wishes and love David

Lynda

Lynda Report 25 Aug 2004 20:21

Thank you all so much for your replys Not going to ramble on, but yes I feel now I can move forwards. I am so glad all is well on here our support for each other, even though many of us have never met is so important. Gaynor Yes you were the first, bless you!! Bryan Thank you I took a little extra time off today (all legal & above board) as I had pre arranged the collection for tomorrow afternoon, I was a bit worried about bottling out, so thought it better to try today Lynda Have had words in the right direction and Brighton should be fine and sunny tomorrow!!!

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 25 Aug 2004 20:26

Cheers Linda You deserve it Pleased about the hard job finally done Love Brenxx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 25 Aug 2004 20:38

well done lynda xx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Aug 2004 20:42

wot the ek is choccywookydoodahs?>?

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 25 Aug 2004 21:46

Hi Lynda Thinking of you....it can't have been easy. Love and hugs Norah xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Aug 2004 22:15

hows the wine going lynda? hic. ime having a wee dram,and ive just raised my glass to you...hope you heard wot i wished for you!! bryan.

Lynda

Lynda Report 25 Aug 2004 22:25

Hiya Bryan Still here having a wee nightcap, so here's to you too my friend. Yes I believe I heard your toast ....thank you!! Lynda xxxx