General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who gets up at the Crack of Doom in a morning?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 25 Aug 2004 23:40

I work shifts and because I rely on british transport, many is a time I have to get up at 3.00am onwards. And I am dreading Winter. Dark nights and cold railway stations. Is it just me?

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 25 Aug 2004 23:49

Ooh Pat I don't envy you having to go out at that time in the morn. I've usually not even been to bed by then! Wrap up warm and take care Christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Aug 2004 00:08

well,i work for the nhs,but ive been off ill a long time...ive been back about a month now,and theyre being kind to me,thanks to unison,so ime working part time for three months...but soon i will be full time,working 6am-6pm,which means i will get up at 4.30am...in the cold,and the dark lol bryan.

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 26 Aug 2004 14:55

I do, get up at 4.30 am, and have a 30 min drive to start work for 6 am, I finish at 2.30 pm but boy am I knackered, But I do earn good money, so I can not complain (or can I). Deb.

Flossie

Flossie Report 26 Aug 2004 15:29

I get up at 5am. I work on the trains so you might be waiting for my train (eyes) Sorry dont know your proper name. LOL

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 26 Aug 2004 23:04

Gillian, I live in Ramsgate now so too far to travel on your trains lol but used to work in Yorkshire and traveled by rail then to a lot of stores, none over the border tho ;) eyes/Pat

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Aug 2004 23:31

Husband has just informed me he has to get up v. early tomorrow morning to drive to colleague's house by 5.am so they can drive to Heathrow for plane to Edinburgh. Although Luton airport is much nearer, flights all booked due to some kind of festival they're having up in Edin. Normally he leaves after me, and I find it a struggle getting self and son out of house by 8.20am. Left to own devices, would rise 9.30, require small nap 3.30-4.00, and stay up till the wee small hours. Sadly, life dictates that I don't. In the winter I want to hibernate between Xmas and Easter. nell

Sprack

Sprack Report 27 Aug 2004 09:02

I always thought the crack of dawn pat!, most days I have to wake my son for work, he has two alarm clocks set and still oversleeps so I have my alarm set for 5.40 just in case, then if I have to get up and wake him I cant go back to sleep again. jenny x

Kevin

Kevin Report 27 Aug 2004 15:46

I work nights so i am just going to bed at that time