General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another silly question!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 26 Aug 2004 09:16

Who discovered that cows gave milk? and what did he think he was doing at the time? Viv

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 26 Aug 2004 09:20

Ha ha Vivienne, probably the same guy who was brave enough to be the first person to see a chicken lay an egg and think "that'll be tasty" Lol Christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Aug 2004 10:03

In other words how did he or she come to the conclusion that by pulling the udders it would produce milk. Probably watching the calf I suspect. Lin

syljo

syljo Report 26 Aug 2004 10:09

Well, who discovered that goats gave milk too? I think there are also other animals where we can get milk from. Not to mention human milk!! Sylvia

Mags

Mags Report 26 Aug 2004 10:11

....and how may people had to be made ill (or worse!) by tasting berries and fungi before they found out which ones we could eat ??

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 26 Aug 2004 11:53

The chicken probably evolved from another creature...then it laid an egg rotflmao E x

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 26 Aug 2004 12:06

Viv i often wonder this about lots of things like.... who dicovered that toothpaste cleans certain things, or even the thread that was on here the other day who discovered that listerine kills nits?? did some fed up parent try evrything in the bathroom cabienet to find a result shell

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 26 Aug 2004 18:11

LMAO at most of the answers - brilliant, thanks :-)