General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wintertime

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 26 Aug 2004 18:19

It will soon be here again. Yes, putting the clocks back - in the winter an extra hour's sleep - in the summer an hour's less sleep. Does this affect you like Jetlag does to some people? Sylvia

Fairy

Fairy Report 26 Aug 2004 18:21

I hate the doom and gloom of winter, except Christmas of course! Jo.

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 31 Aug 2004 19:46

the only thing i love about winter is xmas

syljo

syljo Report 31 Aug 2004 20:07

It is so cold here this evening, I think winter is really here. So summer clothes away and winter woollies out girls and boys. Sylvia

Anne

Anne Report 31 Aug 2004 20:35

Jean - congratulations on grandchild, its a special time. XX I don't mind a good cold crisp winter, I hate freezing windy rain and slush. I loved winter evenings when the children were little, drawing the curtains and being all warm cosy and safe, watching the telly or playing games, connect 4, Guess Who, were the favourites, its not the same now they're grown up. Lynda

badger

badger Report 31 Aug 2004 20:57

well,your fun will start again this christmas Jean,i still get loads of it with my 13,and one on the way,grandkids are the best thing since sliced bread,you will have a lovely lively christmas.Fred.i don,t know about swallows Dwain ,but one of our members will be keeping a wary eye out for returning ducks,he he.

syljo

syljo Report 31 Aug 2004 23:08

Yes, Jean congratulations on your first grandchild. It will be a while before you can play games though. I used to love my grandchildren coming in to play games. They always won too. Memory was a particular favourite of my grandsons. He is now 18 and no more of memory, just the odd game of cards. Yes, wintertime is a time for a cosy atmosphere. Sylvia

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 1 Sep 2004 06:33

i love winter !

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Sep 2004 15:14

yes it can affect my mood.i class myself as an animal that hibernates.i could sleep all day if i could .snuggling up in my duvet.but saying that i could do that now.i love the winter wrapping up eating hot steaming soup and dreaming about this holiday to lapland that pauls taking me onxxx(:

syljo

syljo Report 1 Sep 2004 19:33

When the clocks go back do you really sleep an extra hour, or do you get up at the usual time? Sylvia

badger

badger Report 2 Sep 2004 02:31

A couple of years ago ,i was away camping the weekend theclocks went forward and forgot about it so arrived an hour late at work,,opened the factory door and went in ,all innocent like to find my workmates grinning fron ear to ear and pointing the finger,load of gits,even the boss joined in ,half past four couldn,t come quick enough.Fred.

Helen

Helen Report 2 Sep 2004 02:43

Interesting reading all of your comments regarding winter! I'm on the coast in Qld OZ, so we only see a few weeks of winter here which would be temp. of 19 (celsius) max dropping to around 8 overnight! Used to live in a colder area and winter would be about 6 months of the year - snow probably a couple of days. The thing I liked about it was curling up in front of the fire with a good book - but after living without this 'winter' I really wouldn't want to go back!

syljo

syljo Report 2 Sep 2004 18:41

The same sort of thing happened to me. I was in Germany waiting for a shop to open, saw all the assistants inside and couldn't understand why they didn't open their doors. Yes the clocks had gone back in the night and I'd forgotten all about it. Sylvia xxx