General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where Is Thorpe le Suken or Soken?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

T J

T J Report 26 Aug 2004 20:01

I have the above place in my family tree can anybody help me place the area please? Thankyou Tracy

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 26 Aug 2004 20:05

Hi Tracy, I have found THORPE LE SOKEN on the http://www.multimap(.)com - it is in ESSEX, not far from Little Clacton. Hope this helps.....Happy Hunting. Regards Dawn (An Essex Girl...!!!)

Andy

Andy Report 26 Aug 2004 20:05

It's in Essex, due east of Colchester, not far from Frinton-on-Sea. Andy

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 26 Aug 2004 20:06

Hi Tracy Me too...........It's Thorpe Le Soken Essex and the family I have are Waller's Much happiness Debi

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 26 Aug 2004 22:30

Tracy, Was there just a couple of weeks ago visiting the Scout/Guide Jamboree!! http://www(.)essexscouts(.)org(.)uk/jamboree/

~*sylvia*~

~*sylvia*~ Report 27 Aug 2004 08:16

Thorpe-le-Soken is in Essex as you know by now.Iwas born not far from there and I was Postmistress there for a few years, around 1950. It is a nice village and I still have a friend living there and an old Great Aunt who is about 100 years old. What is the name of the Ancestors you are looking up? Perhaps I can help. Best wishes from Sylvia in Perth WA

T J

T J Report 27 Aug 2004 19:16

The families I have in my tree from there are the Potters and the Hubbards