General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need help about veiwing of tree is it a hoax?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 27 Aug 2004 15:47

hi guys somebody has asked to veiw my tree i asked why can i help they replyed i give my permission for you to veiw mine but as of yet they havent let me see theres , not that im bothered about seeing theres is it normal for someone to ask to veiw ya tree even if they arent related or is it a hoax

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 27 Aug 2004 15:50

Iv had the same sort of message Kylie,, Im not prepared to let anyone view my tree unless they can show that we have a mutual link somewhere,

Sidami

Sidami Report 27 Aug 2004 15:51

Hi Kylie, Not really sure what is happening I have had the same about people wanting to view my tree, I have asked to see if there is a connection but they don't reply, I think this is something GR should sort out as it looks like people are getting a lot of these requests to view trees. Sue.............

valinkent

valinkent Report 27 Aug 2004 16:03

Hi Kylie I had the same problem except it was a little differant . The person who contacted me gave me permission to view his tree,on it he had some of MY NAMES including me and my sister well i tresume they where me and my sister but there was no surname but birth years where correct but both married to just the name Smith .In his tree he had many many names no surnames thou.I did not give him permission to view my tree.Ithink this person is someone who gathers all the information that they can get and then will advertise to look for your ancestors. Idid report it to GR2 weeks ago and they said that they would look into it but as yet have had no reply.

valinkent

valinkent Report 27 Aug 2004 16:08

Hi Joy I know the trouble you had, but do they really take that long or do they just ignore you ? Val