General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

F.A.O Lynda in Sunny???? Brighton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 27 Aug 2004 16:19

Hiya Lynda, We normally come down to Brighton during the summer. So far we haven't managed it, but are considering going tomorrow. What I'd really like to know is are the August fireworks on or not??? the are normally on summer Saturdays in Aug. They are let off by the pier. I can't seem to find out on any of the websites I've visited i even tried calling tourist info at 50p a min, but all operators are busy. Then i thought of you......Shelli

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 27 Aug 2004 18:26

Am nudging this cos i want Lynda to see it shelli

Lynda

Lynda Report 27 Aug 2004 18:50

Hi Shelli Wish I could be of more help, but I honestly don't know. I even forgot to buy the local paper tonight. I wonder if the firework display is normally attached to the Brighton Festival, which I think was back in June. There is a website about events in Brighton & Hove I dont know the exact title but you would probably find it in Google if you typed Brighton & Hove. If you decide to come, hope you have a great day and that the weather is better than it is today. If the weather is good be prepared for the crowds though. Good Luck Lynda x

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 27 Aug 2004 18:54

Lynda we've done this for last two yrs, it is a firework display thats held on a boat right by the pier. they are set off at 10pm on summer saturdays in august. I have looked at the offical site for brighton and hove and it doesn't mention them at all. I even tried calling the tourist infomation at 50p a minute, only to be told all operators were busy and plese call back later. this was of course after a coouple of mins of number pressing to get to right bit!!!! thanks for trying to help anyway shelli