General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census sighting service, Scots Origins.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 28 Aug 2004 16:25

Hi, has anybody ever used this service before? I completed my online application for an 1861 census look up in Midlothian, Scotland, on 13.08.04 and paid my £12.50. The details said it takes 12 days. More than 2 weeks later, I have still not heard anything. I have sent them an email, but have not received a response after 2 days. Has anybody else ever had problems, or is it just me?? Thanks, Carol.

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 29 Aug 2004 19:03

Anybody??

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Aug 2004 19:18

have never used them cazzie - has the payment cleared for the service? sometimes places take their time with that - will be interested to hear what the outcome will be.

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 29 Aug 2004 19:53

Hi Sheila, thanks for your reply. Yes the payment had been taken and when I check back on "My Account" on the site, it says "application processed", so I am sure it has gone through, but don't know what has happened. I am probably jsut being too impatient, but you know what its like when you think you might be able to get a bit further back!! Best wishes, Carol.