General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fred,just had my chips on the quayside!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sand

Sand Report 29 Aug 2004 18:41

My lovely cousin has just given me the ok to use the computer here so I am checking in! Just got back from a lovely drive round Tynemouth. Had a fab chat in the priory, and got some info for my Dad who's doing some research. Then we went down the quay-side for some geet lush fish and chips! (I've got my Geordie accent back already!) I hope you noticed I brought the sun up with me! :-)

badger

badger Report 29 Aug 2004 20:21

Great ,Sally ,see,even the weather knew you would be going to the quay today and did,nt rain after all,don,t forget the fish and chips at Whitby [the place right in the harbour does em to die for] enjoy your hol,s and pop in to the market in Hull if you are near ,it,s fantastic.Fred.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 29 Aug 2004 21:19

Fred what do they call the fish shop(that they are to die for)cos I am going to Whitby tomorrow myself and need some decent fish and chips for lunch. Sue

badger

badger Report 30 Aug 2004 10:41

I can,t remember the name of the shop Susan cause it,s a long time since iv,e gotten down,but anyone from that area will know which it is if i say that it,s right next to the water ,in the harbour ,and there is always a long queue outside at dinner time.[enjoy ,theyre batter is yummie.]Fred.

Sand

Sand Report 30 Aug 2004 19:47

Sorry, Susan, can't remember! It has a big mural inside though,if that helps. I'm sorry about the wind--I didn't have anything to do with it,honest! Been to see my auntie today, who hasn't been well for a long time. She wept buckets, but we had a nice chat once she'd got that out of the way! Can't believe Wor Bobby's gone!!!

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 30 Aug 2004 21:45

Fred and Sally, They don't happen to call it "The Magpie Cafe" do they. As you said their fish and chips are gorgeous.I took a friend that had never been to Whitby and she couldn't get over how long the queue was but 3/4hr we were sat down eating those scrummy fish and chips. Sally are you sure you didn't leave the wind especially for me. Wind,rain and snow don't bother me when I am in Whitby or any where on the coast. Sue

badger

badger Report 31 Aug 2004 01:57

I still cant remember the name Susan ,but Sallys decor sounds familier ,and i can still taste the fish and chipsafter all this time.You are a lucky bod ,living so close,i loved the endeavor which was there when i wen,t last ,but didnt enjoy all thosesteps to the abbey ,but coming back down wasnt too bad,and i enjoyed the trip on the harry potter railway [my grandsons words]Fred.