General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Magpies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 30 Aug 2004 07:58

When you see 4 what does it mean? Much happiness Debi

Mags

Mags Report 30 Aug 2004 08:05

I bought a lottery ticket on the strength of seeing 6 together - didn't win a sausage! lol Magsx

Sprack

Sprack Report 30 Aug 2004 08:22

one for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl and four for a boy, five for silver, six for gold, seven for a secret never to be told. jenny x

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 30 Aug 2004 08:58

Thanky girlies ............ I can now stop thinking about them now lol. It would have been on my mind all day trying to sort the order out, not to forget that theme tune that will be rattling around in my head!! Thank you Much happiness Debi

badger

badger Report 30 Aug 2004 10:31

it means my team is going to lose again,if i thought that six would make them win ,i would be out with a net,lol,Fred.

Judith

Judith Report 30 Aug 2004 11:01

Did anyone else find themselves humming the signature tune to the old children's prog Magpie, when they read Jenny's reply? Judith

Sprack

Sprack Report 30 Aug 2004 11:37

I was singing it as I was writing judith lol. jenny x

Pat

Pat Report 30 Aug 2004 13:37

I sang it straight away, these days its the only way I can remember the Rhyme!!! But today I dont really feel like singing with the loss of Sir Bobby who are the magpies going to turn to surely not Hoddle??? my son is feeling very low, always told him he should support the Arsenal like me. Terrible the way footballers can carry on and get away with it these days, I'm sure Dyer and Bellamy are happy today. Ah well there's always the Arsenal.... Pat x

Sprack

Sprack Report 30 Aug 2004 13:56

I'm probably older than you born 1947, I'm more the andy pandy and flowerpot men era lol. jenny x

Pat

Pat Report 30 Aug 2004 14:01

Jenny I'm old enough to remember the repeats of Andy Pandy the woodentops and Bill & Ben the flowerpot men of "Watch with Mother" I preferred "Trumpton" and "Mr Ben" and "Play Away" with Brian Cant later "The Magic Roundabout" We didnt have a TV until the early 1960's, I think I was 6 or 7 years old. And Magpie was the ITV answer to "Blue Peter" everyone used to say it wasnt as good, but I liked it. Who remembers "Vision On" the best of the lot i.m.o. Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 30 Aug 2004 14:51

My son the Newcastle fan is also David, I think Shearer has the biggest clout, he is waiting for the Manager's job when he retires, I think Newcastle will do anything to make sure Shearer won't walk. I noticed that was a coincidence but there was war between Shearer and Ruidd they really disliked each other, I think Shearer had a lot more respect for Sir Bobby but maybe the Kliuvert signing did more harm than good to their relationship and meant that Shearer swayed the Chairman. These modern footballers seem to have all the power as well as the wealth, what happened to playing football, not politics. Its a shame for the Game. Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 30 Aug 2004 17:15

Agree David, Pity to see the end of Sir Bobby like this. ah well thats life I suppose. Pat x