General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any cures please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 31 Aug 2004 08:55

im double over here with trapped wind (sorry if upset ya ) and dont know how to get rid my mum says sit on the loo i have for 20mins and with 3 kids i aint had any peace and im still in pain anyone got any ideas how to get rid pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 31 Aug 2004 08:57

Try drinking something fizzy like lemonade. Sue

badger

badger Report 31 Aug 2004 09:02

Have you had anything to eat today Kylie? if not eat a couple of bits of fruit and give the tummy a bit of a tweak ,Liz says it works for her.Fred.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 31 Aug 2004 09:04

When I had a c-section, I had a lot of (gas) pain. I was told to walk around and believe it or not, pacing around DID help. Good luck, I know how painful that can be.

valinkent

valinkent Report 31 Aug 2004 09:08

Have a small glass of water and add a small teaspoon of Bicabonate of soda works wonders. Val

Julie

Julie Report 31 Aug 2004 10:19

i was gonna say the same as Val Maid

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Aug 2004 10:43

Try not to eat spuds (potaoes) with meats they make you bloated anyway. The lemonade one is good, if it persists see the doctor - l had what l thought was trapped wind/indigestion bottom of rib cage (between boobs) it turned out to be gall stones, very painful - hope it soon sorts itself out. Jude sarf wales

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 31 Aug 2004 13:10

"PARP! " I know what will help......."PARP!" Elaine x :o))

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Aug 2004 13:28

Dear Kylie Have you tried the good old baked beans.Garanteed to set you off. Mary in Sydney

Angela

Angela Report 31 Aug 2004 14:18

TRY THE TABLETS WINDEZE FROM CHEMISTS

Debbie

Debbie Report 31 Aug 2004 14:20

I get this quite a lot, and the best thing for me is to lay flat on my back. usualy about 30 minutes and the pains have gone.

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 31 Aug 2004 15:40

try flat lemonade it may not taste very nice but my mum sweres by it

Victoria

Victoria Report 31 Aug 2004 15:43

It may be the last thing you may want to do but gentle sit ups may help, but instead on exhaling as you sit up hold your breath! Don't ask me how I know but it works!

Nina

Nina Report 31 Aug 2004 19:04

get some gripe water down you. works a treat for babies and adults too.

Mary

Mary Report 31 Aug 2004 19:07

Safest way I know is to drink hot water as hot as you can and about 2 glasses it works for me and is safe About the temp of tea or coffee Mary

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 31 Aug 2004 21:25

i find a kite is good for wind lol try some soda water it works for me

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Sep 2004 14:23

andrews liver salts.that'll clear itxxxxx(:

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 1 Sep 2004 14:42

Lie on your back and raise your legs, pull them towards you so that you are holding your knees against your chest - does this make sense??? (We used to do this in yoga - I am no expert as you can tell by my instructions! - and it usually helped the windier members!!!! Lorrainex ps What about Indian Brandee - isn't that for tummy probs?

Jane

Jane Report 1 Sep 2004 14:48

Hi Poor you On the wards here we give Perpermint water. It seemed to work most times. Hope you feel better soon Jane