General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NO ONE LEFT TO SEARCH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 31 Aug 2004 15:27

SITTING HERE AS BORED AS CAN BE, JUST THE DOGS, COMPUTER AND LITTLE OLD ME. IVE RAN OUT OF MESSAGES FOR PEOPLE TO FIND, JUST SITTING HERE BORED ON MY BIG BEHIND. THERE'S NO ONE TO SEARCH, EVERYONE'S DONE, WISHING THERE WAS MORE,AS I FOUND IT FUN. PEOPLE MAY THINK IM STUPID OR MAD, BECAUSE I LIKE SEARCHING, THEY CALL ME SAD. IT'S NOT THAT I'M SAD, HELPING I LIKE TO DO, FOR ALL THOSE STUCK AND ALL THOSE NEW. SO IF YOU WISH A SEARCH GIVE ME A EMAIL, WITH YOUR NAMES AND AREAS OR AS MUCH DETAIL. ANGIE(SEE IM THAT BORED) JUST IGNORE ME BUT I WONT GO AWAY LOL.

John

John Report 31 Aug 2004 15:29

You're a poet and you...

Angela

Angela Report 31 Aug 2004 15:30

NO JUST BORED.

Bob

Bob Report 31 Aug 2004 15:36

I know the feeling ! I get like that at work sometimes, so in the coffee breaks I sometimes look up stuff from "can anyone help ..." type queries. BTW, on my own family tree, I have stopped trying to look up people and I am now writing up what I've found out in book-form (Thinks: christmas presents for rellies ???). Would that be something for you, to cure your boredom ???

Angela

Angela Report 31 Aug 2004 16:11

THANX EVERYONE JUST READING YOUR MESSAGES IS PUTTING A SMILE ON MY FACE THANX ,ANGIE

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Aug 2004 16:57

Just to publicly record my thanks to you for finding my lot for me on 1901. I will have a look and see if I have any more to search for!! Ann Glos

Pat

Pat Report 31 Aug 2004 17:08

Angela I too have a request on the Records Office board, but its for a look up thats not on Ancestry??? Thats why I have had to ask someone else to help. Pat x

Christine2

Christine2 Report 31 Aug 2004 17:41

Hi Angela I don't suppose you fancy a REAL challenge do you i.e. SMITH!!!!!!!LOL Chrissie

Frances

Frances Report 31 Aug 2004 17:46

I wish that I could say that maybe one day when they stop hidding. Maybe they came from Mars that would explain it.

Jane

Jane Report 31 Aug 2004 18:44

Angela, how do you fancy transcribing????? i transcribe for Free BMD & Free CEN, you can do as much or as little as you want, and i find it a good way of filling all the gaps between researching when you're stuck for a bit......... or a long time !! Jane

Crista

Crista Report 31 Aug 2004 19:51

Hi Angela, You know what I do when I'm bored? I start going through the Trying to Find messages. lol Crista

Robert

Robert Report 31 Aug 2004 20:22

Hi Angela I have just left a search request for you. I do know how you feel. If I didn't need to scratch a living, I would be doing the same as you. What facinating stuff it is. Keep up the good work!! Bob

Angela

Angela Report 1 Sep 2004 07:33

thanx everyone for all the suggestions and thanx for the thank you's, you all posted it was nice of you. angie

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 1 Sep 2004 16:47

Angela, If you are really desparate for seaching you could always look for my dad's 2 older sisters. I have him, 1 older sister and a baby brother that died. Trouble is I 'm not sure of names/places but they were born in between 1904-1907. If you fancy the challange let me know and I'll give you the details. Regards Viv LOL :-)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 1 Sep 2004 17:09

Hi Angela Don't lknow if you can help but I have gg grandad William Gibson and wife on 1881 living in Brighouse. William Gibson and Jane his wife (sorry haven't found out her maiden name yet) are both stated to have been born in Borrowbridge Lancashire (I wonder if it's boroughbridge). William was born in 1842 age 39 in 1881, Jane was older born in 1837 age 44 in 1881. They went on to have quite a large family when they moved to Brighouse Yorkshire but they did have an elder daughter Margaret age 22 in 1881 (1859). I wondered if you could find them anywhere on anything earlier. I realise Gibson is a bit like Smith to find. Any help you could give would be great. Thanks a lot. Jackie