General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh Dear!! Update!! And the result is.............

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 31 Aug 2004 21:15

Just in the process of dying my hair. I always use the same brand, same shade, and usually turns out quite a nice shade of blonde. I have just rinsed my hair and AAAARRGHH - looks suspiciously ginger at the moment!!! Have just put my conditioner on and will have to wait until i dry it for the final colour - panicking now!! Will let you know the outcome!! Best wishes, Carol. BLONDE HAIR!! Thank you God, I will never mess with my hair again (at least not for the next 6 weeks until the roots show through!!!) Best wishes, Blondie.

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 31 Aug 2004 21:16

oh no! What's the damage?? Joanne

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 31 Aug 2004 21:18

Just had a thought - no offence to any naturally ginger people (my sister is ginger), but it is just not my colour!! Carol

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 31 Aug 2004 21:24

From another who colours her hair, then holds her breath until dries.............Good Luck, please let us know......... Maggy

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Aug 2004 22:33

Oh phew, what a relief! I have been waiting for your reply with baited breath! Mandy :)

Bob

Bob Report 31 Aug 2004 22:39

Cazzie, Your apology to ginger people accepted. If you hadn't I would have had to seen you on the 'Stirring up Trouble' thread. :-) Bob (with ginger hair and beard) PS Glad it turned out OK. I wouldn't have liked you to be a Ginger top.

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 31 Aug 2004 22:58

Cazzie, I am so so glad it turned out ok. I decided, a few days before my holiday in July, to dye mine 'Ash Blonde', turned out more like 'Fag Ash'! back to mid brown again now. Kim

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 1 Sep 2004 14:49

This has happened to me so many times - you would think I would have learned my lesson by now and actually gone to the hairdressers. I tried to colour mine from blonde to "strawberry" blonde once and it turned an orangey red - very vivid!! I then had to use a dark brown hair colour on it to turn it a reddish brown. Lorrainexx

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Sep 2004 14:58

oh dear i think we have all had hair disasters with the dreaded dye.just wear a baseball hat that's the curexxxx(:

Victoria

Victoria Report 1 Sep 2004 15:02

As an SRH I would say go to the salon, at least if it goes wrong they have the stuff to correct it to had. But I must admit I have a couple of bad experiences with home colours they just aren't as strong as salon products.