General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm going to welcome Kelly home tommorrow :-)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 31 Aug 2004 21:22

Hiya Kelly Holmes is a local girl for me, so really proud of what she achieved in the Olympics. Tomorrow she is doing an open bus route through Hildenborough (her home town) and Tonbridge, so I've decided as my boss is off and as were really quiet in the office that I'm going to give myself and my collegue the afternoon off so we can welcome her home and let her know how proud of her we are :-)

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 31 Aug 2004 21:23

Wow, lucky you! Say a big 'Hi and 'Well Done' from me too!! Joanne

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 1 Sep 2004 09:42

I wondered if anyone would be going! Give her a big cheer and wave from us. What an achievement!! Maz. XX

Karen

Karen Report 1 Sep 2004 21:12

Hiya I had a brill time, there were so many people there, it was a really brill atmosphere. The local lion club were even giving out free union jack flags. Apparently there were about 40,000 people there - I dont think Tonbridge has ever had so many people in its High Street at one time! Karen

Chris

Chris Report 1 Sep 2004 23:22

Hi Karen, It looked like a wonderful welcome home - so many people. The mum was soo proud. We even got to see it on our New Zealand TV news!