General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ITS SO SLOW ITS ANNOYING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 1 Sep 2004 08:20

SINCE THE UPGRADE OF THE SITE I FIND THAT GETTING TO MY MESSAGES TAKES FOREVER. I HAVE TO WAIT AWHILE FOR IT TO COME ON, I HAVE TO WAIT QUITE A WHILE TO GET BACK TO IN BOX AFTER SENDING A MESSAGE. IS EVERYONE ELSE HAVING SAME PROBLEM. ITS VERY ANNOYING AS I USE THE EMAIL SIDE OF IT ALOT, AS I DO LOOK UPS. IT IS EASIER TO GET A MESSAGE BUT VERY SLOW APART FROM THAT THE SITE IS GREAT, ANGIE

badger

badger Report 1 Sep 2004 08:27

you arn,t the only one Angela, at times everything is so slow it,s getting to be a joke. I sent an e/mail to gr on this matter three days ago asking why at one point where i spent over half an hour trying to get the boards working properly,.As yet [wouldn,t you know it ] i have had no reply,which sounds about right.Fred.ptfg

Angela

Angela Report 1 Sep 2004 08:29

I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN MY COMPUTER AS IT IS GETTING ON. IT WOULD BE ONE FANTASTIC SIGHT IF THEY COULD GET THAT RIGHT. ANGIE

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2004 08:36

The chat board was really slow last night, it was so frustrating. We were getting fed up because everyone was forgetting what they were talking about! I do think that before GR updated to this smart new website, they should have sorted out the speed first. Mandy :(

Angela

Angela Report 1 Sep 2004 08:50

IM 100% WITH YOU THERE MANDY

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Sep 2004 09:32

The probable reason is the one they boast about, the large influx of new members. But it would have been nice if they had considered those of us already on here before they instigated something that overloaded the sysem. Ann Glos

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2004 09:41

I don't know what the problem is, because sometimes it is quite quick (like no) and other times very slow, but they aren't times when there seem to be a lot of users, or busy times on the net generally. It seems quite arbitrary. nel

badger

badger Report 1 Sep 2004 09:45

youve hit the nail on the head Anne,that was the main point put forward in my e/mail oversubscribed ,leading to the swamping of the system.i amstill waiting for a response ,but i,m not holding my breath.Fred.ptfg.