General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yeahhhhhhhh!!! kids back at school fantastic

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 1 Sep 2004 13:14

I have not been on here for few weeks due to the girls being off school and not having the time,now they are back so im back here looks like i have missed a bit Tracy

Ann

Ann Report 1 Sep 2004 13:24

Welcome back Tracey, Ann x x

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 1 Sep 2004 13:28

Thank you i am enjoying a lazy day doing absolutley nothing its great!!!!! Tracy

Tracey

Tracey Report 1 Sep 2004 13:30

good for you, i have one who is back monday but my youngest has just had his tonsills out so he has to stay off a further week.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Sep 2004 13:36

What? You mean you don't like getting your slippers wet on the bathroom floor as you paddle across to the sink.- oh yes and having to move 8 filled water bombs before anyone can have a morning shower? When asked why they were in the bath anyway, grandson said that he had put them there so that if they had leaked, the water would drain away and not go onto the floor. Had he looked down recently? Don't you love them though! He's back to school tomorrow, too.

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Sep 2004 13:37

my daughter goes back on mondayxxxx

Victoria

Victoria Report 1 Sep 2004 13:40

You lucky things mine have got another week yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Janice

Janice Report 1 Sep 2004 14:05

I'm counting too, but for the opposite reason: I'm a teacher :-( Janice

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 1 Sep 2004 14:21

awwwwwwwww Janice double awwwwwwwww if you've kiddies of your own too lol!! Mine went back to School today too - I spent THREE hours spring cleaning the Lounge & hall. Tomorrow I'll de fluff the Kitchen & Bathroom Friday I'll put my feet up and do sweet fanny adams. lol Much happiness Debi

Janice

Janice Report 1 Sep 2004 14:37

Thanks Debi ;-) I have 2.4 children: 2 boys and a husband!!!!!!! The "boys" are 23 and 20 so not quite the handful they used to be but demanding and trying in other ways! lol Perhaps school may be more restful? I'll reserve judgment until I've met my new Year 7s!! Janice PS Enjoy the peace and quiet and don't do too much housework.

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 1 Sep 2004 16:15

Tracy, Lovely to meet you in Manchester. I too go back tomorrow. Driving the little darlings to school in my yellow school-bus. Grrrr.

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 1 Sep 2004 16:18

mine go back tomorow i cant wait they are driving me nut's with(im board) & (there's nothing to do) put the flag's out

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 1 Sep 2004 17:48

My son went back to school this morning looking so cute in his little uniform. Give it a couple of weeks and he will be looking like a scarecrow with ripped trousers and paint spattered sweatshirt bless him. All the children received sad news yesterday though as their headteacher died in the holidays. Such a shame. L x

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 2 Sep 2004 06:24

Hi all Thank you all for your replies im now on day 2, only problem i have with going back too school is that i am struggling to stay awake in the afternoon, dont sleep well at night and yesterday i fell asleep only woke up 10 mins before i had to pick daughter up and that was because some one txt me. Well today will be another lazy day of visiting freinds in peace no child butting into conversations ace, and then doing nothing again did all my house work day before they went back on purpose. hope you all enjoy your day of freedoom Best wishes Tracy xxxxx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 2 Sep 2004 07:32

i used to love it wen my kids were off school and hated it wen they went back............... the summer holidays were heaven with lots of things to do and places to go (no money but a happy time) this has been the 1st year that iv not had to buy stuff for either school or college another good thing bout the holidays is that (as i work on a college campus) the drive to work is much quicker and there is somewhere to park..............

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 2 Sep 2004 09:02

Tracy do what i do and set the alarm on your mobile to wake you, about 10 mins before you have to leave to pick them up, that way you'll have chance to wake up before you have to leave!!!!!! works a treat trust me LOL Mine all went back today and for five minutes i enjoyed the silence then i had to turn the radio on as i couldn't bear it :-((( My eldest started high school today and even thoguht she went off with huge grin, I'm like a cat on ahot tin roof lol And i feel redundant all over again lol Give them five mins home today and i'll be dreaming of tomorrow lol Shelli