General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone feel too old...............

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Sep 2004 15:45

for the nightclubbing scene.when i was 18 up to the age of 26 i would go to the clubs quite regular but now when i think about going it tires me out just thibnking about it.i would probebly be the oldest one there.wish i was young again!!!!!!

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Sep 2004 15:49

wouldn't be able to fit into a size 8 mini like i used to and drink pernod.used to get absolutely rat arsed on that stuff.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 1 Sep 2004 15:52

If I work a Sunday day shift, I have to get a bus into work (live in London) - get a bus around 6am. The bus has to go past a pub with a very late licence, a night club (The Fridge in Brixton) and also the acadamy in Brixton. Don't think I could do it now - but I do luve a good party though. Lisa I love pernod. Liz

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Sep 2004 15:54

there was one club called joannas near south parade pier which was a right dive you had to wipe your feet as you came out and they served your drinks in plastic glasses because there were alot of fights in there with the civilians and the skates(naval ratings)closed down now after 30 years.xx

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 1 Sep 2004 15:57

Could drink pernod until the cows come home Liz ;-) not that i drink a lot now

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Sep 2004 16:20

maybe we should all go clubbing together.abit of moral support.i know that paul is older than me so wouldn't be the oldest one therexxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 1 Sep 2004 17:26

right thats it ladies- YOU ARE ALL GOING TO GO CLUBBING WITH ME!!!! I dont care when or where we all meet....we dont have to go to any heavy clubs just go out have a drink and a wiggle!!! NO EXCUSES- all this rubbish about being too old- YOU LIVE BUT ONCE GIRLIES!!!

Jo

Jo Report 1 Sep 2004 17:49

Steph - could I wear my slippers? Jo

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2004 18:43

Lisa How old r u?!! I still go clubbing quite often and I'm er not in my 20s anymore - most of us who go our late 20s- mid 40s and just go to places that aren't all full of kids - tho I don't think we act any better than them :) As long as the tunes are up 2 date or old skool I don't mind where - am I sad!?

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 1 Sep 2004 19:13

David I'm with you on this one mate! I just LOVE to boogie on down. I'm also with Manda as MY friends are boring old farts too - too scared to go out to a club in case someone looks at them!! I don't think I do the mutton thing, but I don't much care anyway! Give me a couple of breezers and I will take the floor by storm! So... where are we off to then??? Maz. XX

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Sep 2004 19:18

I remember Joannas, Lisa. Is Nero's still there - that was for our 'posh' nights out! lol Maggie

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 1 Sep 2004 22:01

Maggie, Neros changed its name to 5th Avenue many years ago and is now called time and envy,although i don't go there myself,lol karen

Andy

Andy Report 1 Sep 2004 23:02

Depends who I'm with, I can take it or leave it. In fairness, more of a pub man than a club man - I like my Guinness too much. However, after a few vodka and red bulls, I'm bouncing for the rest of the night :-O ;-)

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 1 Sep 2004 23:32

I'm an Iron Maiden fan and have gone to their gigs up until 2 yrs ago and they are great, your has old as you act lol so leaves me at 15 still :)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Sep 2004 00:07

It was many years ago I lived in Southsea Lisa!!!!!! (I'm feeling old now) Maggie

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 2 Sep 2004 00:11

Raquels, Basildon, The Factory, Basildon, Talk Of The South, Southend -on-Sea, Too old now though, and I`m not ashamed to admit it. The mind is willing, but the body`s not.

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 2 Sep 2004 00:14

Baz, thats not what you told me :)

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 2 Sep 2004 00:21

Hello Eyes, sorry , I tell lies.lol

Mags

Mags Report 2 Sep 2004 05:08

Baz - Isn't 'Talk of The South' where the term 'Totty' originated from? I'm more tottery than totty now! lol Magsx