General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

xmas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 1 Sep 2004 19:43

do you like xmas or lothe it myself i love it, i love all the family together,the look's on the children's faces when they open their prezzy's eating too much drinking anough ta make ya tippsie i love xmas although 1 day a year is good for me would nt want it more than that what do you think?

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2004 19:48

I love it!! Have already got a few small pressies bought but I do like to leave all the wrapping till much nearer the time. I make quite a few of my Christmas cards, so have to start soon! Mandy :)

syljo

syljo Report 1 Sep 2004 19:51

So Mandy you too make your Xmas cards. I have made 20, but need somewhere around 80. Today I bought lots of odds and ends for card making - things I'd not seen before. I make birthday, anniversary, condolence cards etc. Sylvia

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 1 Sep 2004 19:52

i love all the cooking & everything that goes with it

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2004 19:53

Sylvia, I'm not sure how mail order works for you there, but do you remember the kitchenware company that used to be called Lakeland Plastics? They are now just Lakeland and have a brilliant website with a really fantastic range of craft items. I've bought loads of lovely things from there. I sell my cards at work in aid of the local hospice. Mandy :)

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 1 Sep 2004 19:56

i love Christmas

David

David Report 1 Sep 2004 20:06

Went to Downtown shop Grantham they have Christmas cards on display and are clearing an area ready to set out the Grotto and decorations. David

Jo

Jo Report 1 Sep 2004 20:48

xmas in our house is a scream, there is just me and hubby, i am 33 and he is 40 going on 10. Every year when it gets to september he starts going on about wanting to put the xmas lights up outside. Last year he did it in october. His normal excuse is - shall we have a party, and then he will follow it with - I could put the xmas lights up for the party. He hasnt mentioned it yet but I know its just a matter of time. There is no bigger kid than my husband i'm sure.

Ann

Ann Report 1 Sep 2004 20:48

I got four Christmas charity catalogues in the post today- I love Christmas but it does start too early these days.

Fairy

Fairy Report 1 Sep 2004 21:02

I love Christmas actually especially if the family are all together now. If it was more than one day a year, what would we have to look forward too? It's the only good thing about winter. Jo.

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 1 Sep 2004 21:13

Sorry folks... I LOATHE IT Bah! Humbug!

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 1 Sep 2004 22:49

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! I love buying all the pressies for my family and my hubbies family. I enjoy giving pressies more than receiving them! I too am a card maker and so will be starting my crimbo cards soon. I bought some decorations really really cheap in January so can use them on the front of my cards. My kids are 1 and 3 so the youngest will have no clue what's going on, but my oldest will and it's going to be so much fun! I love the whole family thing at christmas. Joanne

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 2 Sep 2004 09:49

does any one make there own xmas pud's & mince pie's? my eldest boy does he love to help me in kitchen

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 3 Sep 2004 07:18

I make my own mincemeat, spicy tomato relish and christmas chutney,,I bought my cards last month and have already got a few pressies put away,,,i love crimbo..!!

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 3 Sep 2004 23:17

LOVE IT , although do get a bit fed up handling lots of turkeys, karen