General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ideas please 30th birthday gift!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 1 Sep 2004 21:01

My daughter is 30 next week and we haven't a clue what to get her your help is needed!! Many thanks Linda x

Jo

Jo Report 1 Sep 2004 21:04

How about booking her and you in for a pamper day. thats what I got for my 30th and it was even better as I spent the whole day with my mum, just the 2 of us being spoilt rotten, we had massages, manicures, facials and dinner, sauna, jacuzzi. It was really special and I will always remember it, so will my mum. Jo

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 1 Sep 2004 21:30

Both good ideas. I treated myself to one of those colour consultants on my 30th - worth every penny. Hope you both have a fabbie day whatever you decide : ) You too Lynda : ) Much happiness Debi

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2004 21:34

Joanne - what a lovely idea, its my daughters 30th on lst April, l think l will start looking now, probably have to be in london where she lives - will that be very expensive????? Jude sarf wales

Jo

Jo Report 1 Sep 2004 21:37

I am in Suffolk and it costs about £60.00 each for the day but I think it depends on what treatments you have whilst you are there as you can pick what you want or just have their package, both are very relaxing and even more enjoyable. The jumpers and smellies I get now are not a patch on my 30th prezzie!! I will always remember it, my mum and I dont get to spend much time together so that made it even more special for me.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 1 Sep 2004 21:38

i took my hubby to paris on eurostar for the day for his 30th,shopping,eating and relaxing by the river.for my 30th we went to paris again and then on to see the french grand prix,not everyones idea of fun but it was fantastic,i couldn't have asked for a better pressie, karen

Karen

Karen Report 1 Sep 2004 21:38

Hi Linda I was 30 last September 7th (a year before Lyndas daughter to the day!). My main birthday present was connected to a birthday present that I brought for myself - I treated myself to a safari in Keyna, and my parents brought me print in a gorgous frame of a lion with a cub in its mouth so everytime I look at it it reminds me of my brill holiday in Kenya :-) But the only prob now is, I havent got a clue what I want for my 31st! - well apart from Robbie Williams telephone number and a date with him, but apparently hes already taken :-( story of my life! :-) Karen

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 1 Sep 2004 21:46

Hi Linda, How about taking her on one of those Mersey cruises. We went on the Manchester Ship canal one. Brilliant. Failing that, how about a nice day out in Chester. Lol.

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 1 Sep 2004 21:58

Lynda how strange my daughters is the 7th too! her name is Alison what's yours called? Keep the ideas coming everyone they're great!! Linda x

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 1 Sep 2004 22:16

Lynda 1.30pm but 10 days overdue! Linda x

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 2 Sep 2004 19:17

Keep the ideas coming! Linda x

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 2 Sep 2004 19:32

Hello Linda, How about a flying lesson,from your local airfield. Fairly cheap, she`ll take the controls, and be issued with a certificate at the end of the lesson.

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 2 Sep 2004 20:12

Baz what's fairly cheap? Linda from Bolton need more explanation or maybe I'm just thick! Thanks everyone Linda x