General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Isle of Wight meet up on the 12th September.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2004 22:24

Hi all, I rang the Folly Inn today and booked the tables for our meet up,we can be out on the deck if it's a nice day or inside if not,so keep your fingers crossed for a day like today,and for thoes who want we can smoke, all welcome.and looking forward to meeting half of you guy's, if you are as nice as the other half that will do for me,lol the Folly Inn is in Whippingham, if you are coming over by carferry from Portsmouth turn right when you come out of the ferry port and follow the A3054 and take the last opening off the roundabout A3021 you should see a wooden sign for the folly take a left turn and follow the road and you cant miss it ,I hope. Update. as the last thread fell off the end of the board,could you all please add your names again, lol, me first then...thank you all Margaret.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2004 22:28

For the benefit of those of us with D grade geography where is the Folly Inn?

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 4 Sep 2004 00:18

Hi Margaret I've got four tickets booked for the Red Jet on the 12th for Jill Lorr Max and me Norah Looking forward to it very much Love Norah xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Sep 2004 09:20

In July a group of us met in Winchester in a pub on a Friday lunchtime. We ordered individual meals, drinks, had lots of laughs and generally got to know each other better. There were men and ladies there but on that occasion no couples. I think we may have mentioned our research and one chap did bring a beautifully presented folder of his work, but it was more a case of putting faces to people we had 'met' on the boards. If I am able to sort out coming to Isle of Wight, my husband will be there too as we will combine the meet with a research trip, but he may go off and find a TV to watch the Grand Prix.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Sep 2004 09:23

Hi Louise, I've only been to the Winchester meet before. We had a few drinks - quite a few were non-alcoholic (drivers!). A lovely meal/snack/sandwich - or nothing! and talked of everything, with the occasional splattering of genealogy. Couples? What are couples? Most of us were on our own - even those with spouses!! Norahs lovely hubby was there - but he disappeared! At Winchester, there were about 4 men and 12 of us girls so it was a bit like a girls day out!! Come over if you can, and put a face to a name! Maggie

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Sep 2004 07:46

Great! Ferry and fiche reader booked. We will be there too.

Lisa

Lisa Report 7 Sep 2004 17:08

margeret will you be organising another one in the futurexxx(:

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Sep 2004 13:31

Sounds like you're getting excited Lorr!!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Sep 2004 13:54

Yes, the weather sounds a bit 'iffy'. Never mind. I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves. So'westers? Makes a change from the black Balaclavas suggested for Winchester!

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Sep 2004 14:29

don't drink too much if the weathers bad otherwise you will be coming off the boat a slight shade of green!!xxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Sep 2004 16:26

What time are we meeting up? Some of us will probably meet on the Ferry.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 9 Sep 2004 16:28

hope u all have a great time lou xx

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Sep 2004 16:32

have a great time all of you.if theres one in the future will try and makle that one love and hugsxxxxx(:

June

June Report 9 Sep 2004 17:34

Have a great time, I have been to Manchester and Liverpool meetups, always had a really good time, I would like to get to more meet ups,one day....... Enjoy yourselves. June xx

Keith

Keith Report 9 Sep 2004 19:47

Have just discovered that my Gt x ? G/mother was from the IOW so have a nice day and maybe I'll get to the next meeting. Keith

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 11 Sep 2004 00:36

Have a lovely day everyone, I would love to be there but too far away.Please give my love to the Island, I miss it. Viv