General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Susie home again

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 2 Sep 2004 08:34

Susie was discharged from hospital last Wednesday evening after a six week stay (that is not counting her stay ten days before). Mum and dad are infusing the antibiotics at home - after training - as a means to get home. Got the results of her scan from last Friday (taken until yesterday to get results due to Bank Holiday) and the infection is looking smaller. Keep on with the iv antibiotis until Friday 10th, when she will have another scan and they will make a decision on whether to continue iv or go onto oral. Susie has some way to go before she's even were she was at the beginning of July never mind how she was six months ago. But Susie has a quiet determination and she will get there, with help from the various therapists and, of course, mum, dad and big sis. A big, big thank you to everyone who sent messages of support and love, and to those of you who have kept up-to-date through Bryan Hayward. All your messages have helped and we greatlyappreciate that there are people out there who are agenuinely concerned and care. Sorry it has taken me sometime to put the message out, but the system wouldn't let me do this at the end of last week and this is the first chance I've had. Once again a very big thank you. Wendy, Bruce, Caro and Susie.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 2 Sep 2004 09:00

Hi Wendy I was just thinking of Susie yesterday and wondered if perhaps I'd missed news of her when I was on holiday. I'm so pleased for you all that she is on the mend. What a worry you must all have been through. As Lynda said, she sounds a right wee fighter. Best wishes to you all, especially Susie Christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 09:01

So glad to hear that there is positive news for Susie. Please give her a great big hug from me and tell her I think she's a really brave girl. Love and hugs, Mandy :)

badger

badger Report 2 Sep 2004 09:35

Hi Wendy ,thanks for giving us the news that Susie is home and doing well, it,s nice to get good news for once ,Fred,and Liz.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 09:35

So so pleased young Susie is on the mend and thank you for your update:o) Jude sarf wales

Lindy

Lindy Report 2 Sep 2004 11:15

Hi Wendy, So glad to hear that your Susue is home and on the mend. Lindy;-)

June

June Report 2 Sep 2004 11:19

Wendy; I'm so pleased Susie is home and making progress, what a traumatic time for you all. Love and Best Wishes to you all Love June xx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 2 Sep 2004 11:37

Really pleased that she is home!! She's in our thoughts!!

Anne

Anne Report 2 Sep 2004 11:47

I'm really happy that Susie is recovering and you are all home from the hospital and can be a proper family unit again, no matter how good they are in hospital theres no place like home. Hope Susie continues to make a good and steady recovery. God bless Love Lynda

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Sep 2004 00:30

thanks for the update wendy,hope your able to relax a little,after a traumatic two months. for those that dont know...wendy,is sweet sixteen,and has been quite ill,for the past six years,but shes had wonderful support from her family,who are there for her,day and nite. susie is a lovely young lady,not only cheerful,but very brave,and she has a smile,that would light up a room. lots of love to you all....bryan.

****floss*****

****floss***** Report 3 Sep 2004 02:45

So please to hear Susie is home with her family my thoughts are still with you all best wishes to all the family Janet x

Mags

Mags Report 3 Sep 2004 07:06

Glad to hear that Susie is home with all the benefit of having her family around her. Keep smiling Susie! With love and best wishes for continuing improvement Magsxxx

Melinda

Melinda Report 3 Sep 2004 07:47

so pleased to hear that susie is home and is making such good progress, best wishes to you all. take care love melinda xxx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 3 Sep 2004 07:56

good news ! give her a hug from me lou xx

Jean

Jean Report 3 Sep 2004 09:13

so glad susie is home we hope she cotinues to make progress and keep her spirits upthinking of you all love jeanxx

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 3 Sep 2004 23:58

So pleased that Susie is back with you all I hope she recovers a little more each day Big Hugs for you all Sue