General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lack of response

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 2 Sep 2004 10:22

How long do you wait and realise that there is not going to be a response when you have made contact with a person you feel might be related. I realise that people have a life besides doing their family history, but any response would be better than none. Despite my gripe, I have had great success with one or maybe two lines of enquiry, so the time spent responding has been worthwhile. Stephanie

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 10:27

Hi Stephanie - sadly this happens, sometimes for reasons very genuine like,they are on hols,or not well etc - but also as often people just don't reply. Also sometimes they may not have received your request that does happen sometimes. Have you looked on the left of this page where it says "messages" in a brownish colour - this go's to your contacts list, l used to miss them,they should also go to your email box - but you never know!!!!!! Anyway hope this helps:o) Good hunting:o) Jude sarf wales

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Sep 2004 10:31

I got a reply from a lady in the last few weeks who I first contacted about 8 months ago letting her know I'm definitely related and I can help her take her tree back to the 1700s. We're now sharing and comparing information that we have on our family name. So don't give up hope - you just don't know how often some people get bit by the genealogy bug.