General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kickstart and I am grumpy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 2 Sep 2004 13:32

I have just started the kelloggs kickstart diet again because I want to lose weight for Christmas and boy am I grumpy!I will persevere though,I lost two stone last time.So please excuse me if I am ratty in any way.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 2 Sep 2004 13:37

But did you put it back on again?????? I have lost 2 stone since oct last year. By sensible eating...ok ive just had choc peanuts cos the kids have gone back today. But im confident i will lose another stone by my holiday next year. (then Ill be just 4 stone overweight lol) Sensible diet & dont deny yourself anything or youll want it more. Elaine x

Anne

Anne Report 2 Sep 2004 13:41

Well said Elaine, my sister has done just that, she's nearly 50 and the cow has got her little waist back!!! I've recently stopped smoking and have put weight on, I can't stop eating , woe is me! lol Good luck with your diet Fee B Lynda

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 14:07

Thanks for the warning, if you are a stroppy mare we will forgive you LOL!! Seriously, wishing you all the best; my husband has lost 24lbs and my brother 21lbs, and if those two great fellas with massive appetites can do it - so can you! Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 14:19

i tried the kickstart but i kept getting hungry inbetween meals and the fruit alone didnt fill me, so i got bored of that, but well done to you for sticking it out in the past and trying again :-) and well done to all you others. I decided to go to my docs after the birth of my son as my weight would not budge and decided to follow their "The right weight fibre diet" which is based on latest health guidelines and recommendations suitable for people who want and need to lose weight safely and healthily. You can have a 'free' list of vegetabes, tells you what fruit portions to have, breakfasts, meal plans etc. it worked for me. my son was born feb 2003, i was about 10-10half. in june 03 i weighed 9st 9lb, this june 04 i weighed 8st 4lb and now im now back to my 8st thanks to this diet AND i wasnt doing any exercises at the time either (although it did recommend it lol ) but , im thinking of taking exercises up now tho :-)

Fee

Fee Report 2 Sep 2004 16:16

I try to eat a reasonably "normal" meal.I eat most of what I would have served my family before dieting.I do however try to cut down on portion sizes and the amount of cooking oil used.I would use the health grill more to cook meats and fish.I am interested in sally's healthy eating plan.If it actually is easier to stick to then I will give it a go.

Lisa

Lisa Report 2 Sep 2004 16:29

fee had all intentions of starting my diet today but my husband whacked a cornish pasty under my nose.how long did it take last time to lose two stones on the kickstart plan?xxx(:

Fee

Fee Report 2 Sep 2004 16:32

It took 4 months to lose 2 stone then I felt that I needed a break and I put it all back on again with more to boot.They recommend two weeks at a time but I kept on it,God knows how!My dad who has to lose weight for a triple bypass was recommended to try the same diet by a dietician so it must be reasonably okay to do.I am starving right now though!!

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 2 Sep 2004 16:32

Good luck with the dieting Fee B. Since I had my son I find it hard to lose weight. I tried the Slim Fast diet for a fortnight (keeping to it strictly) and I didn't lose an ounce - just lots of money by buying the stuff - Huh! Years ago I lost over two stone on the Slimming World diet but even that doesn't seem to work now. Sally's diet sounds interesting. I don't eat meat or fish so there's no point in trying the Atkins diet. Lorrainex

Lisa

Lisa Report 2 Sep 2004 16:36

fee the person that invents food that we all adore like chocolate and chips with no fat or calories would be a multi millionaire and adored by women all over the universexxxx(:

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 2 Sep 2004 18:30

I can't remember if Ive put this up before but if not why don't we all try this diet. BRIDGET JONES STRESS DIET BREAKFAST 1 Grapefruit 1 Slice whole-meal toast 1 Cup of skimmed milk LUNCH Small portion lean, steamed chicken with a cup of spinach cup of herbal tea 1 miniature MARS Bar AFTERNOON TEA The rest of the mini MARS bars in the bag and tub of HAGEN DAAS ice cream with chocolate-chip topping DINNER 4 bottles of wine (red or white) 2 loaves of garlic bread 1 family size supreme piazza 3 SNICKERS BARS LATE NIGHT SNACK whole frozen SARA LEE Cheescake (eaten directly from the freezer) REMEMBER STRESSED SPELLED BACKWARDS IS DESSERTS Send this to 4 women and you will lose 2lbs Send this to 6 women and you will lose 4lbs Send this to all the women you ever knew and you will lose 10lbs

Anne

Anne Report 2 Sep 2004 19:41

I'm liking that diet Sue lol Lynda

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 2 Sep 2004 21:18

Hi Fee, I sympathise and wish you well. In April I got fed up squeezing into a party dress. At this party the cat was on the table eating the food (yuck!) so I didn't eat anything. Next day I decided to lose weight! I have lost 1 st 9 lb so far and this is how I've done it: From Monday to Friday I don't eat bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, cereal, butter, crisps, etc - all the ususal fattening things - and at the weekend I eat whatever I want. I now find I no longer yearn for cheese sandwiches and a bag of crisps and I haven't given up wine. It's not the Atkins because I don't check the carb (or fat) values of anything, I just eat meat, fish and veg. etc. I also do an hour of aerobics twice a week to speed up the metabolism (apparently.) At any rate it's worked, I'm never hungry and my clothes fit again! I can't be doing with following a diet! Going to the Caribbean in March!