General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Crest / Coats of Arms

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 2 Sep 2004 13:40

Does anyone know of any sights where I can find images of my Family Crest / Coats of Arms? I found two sites:- "allfreecrests.com" and "freecoatsofarms.com" However I only found three of my family names, I know more are available but I just can't seem to find the sights :-( G xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 14:21

Hi Gaynor, sorry can't help at all but just wondered if you were starting to feel a bit better now? Hope so! Mandy :)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 2 Sep 2004 16:40

Thanks Mandy, pretty much the same I'm afraid but It's nothing to what Gaynor in Stoke Poges is going through, but thanks for asking it was really thoughtful of you :-))) G xxx

Gwen

Gwen Report 2 Sep 2004 17:00

G, Have you tried this one? http://www.allfamilycrests(.)com/ Pleases remove the brackets Best Wishes Gwen

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 22:22

Gaynor, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I must say that not everyone with the same surname as someone Armigerous (having a Coat of Arms), is entitled to use it. Try College of Arms in a search engine. Good luck, jim

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 3 Sep 2004 11:41

Thanks Gramps, I am aware of that however this is really more for cosmetic reasons than factual...... its the artist in me :-) Will try the link though Gx

Bob

Bob Report 3 Sep 2004 12:39

Hi Grampa Jim, Just curious, Are you, in a more formal persona, also Grandad James on another board ?