General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rotten Sniper!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Sep 2004 15:16

Help! My daughter has just lost her auction on e-bay, to a sniper, (for want of a better word1). He came in at the end, with only a few seconds to go, how are some people so quick... she will be in shortly, and she is not going to be a happy bunny, oh dear, she'll say I wasn't watching, and I was on here instead, not true, honest.

David

David Report 2 Sep 2004 15:40

Sounds like your in trouble, i would invent a computer problem, like could'nt access this page and put the kettle on nothing like a cuppa to calm things down. David

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 2 Sep 2004 15:47

Hello Christine, If another `buyer` comes in at the last second, you can virtually guarantee, they have a program that bids for them, leaving you no time to re-bid. Can`t remember the name of the program, but they are freely available, and legal.

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Sep 2004 15:59

Thanks for those replies folks, made me feel much better, the gate will be opening very shortly...

Poolie Girl

Poolie Girl Report 2 Sep 2004 17:14

The ony program I know is www(.)auctionsnipe(.)com

Chris Ho :) Report 5 Sep 2004 20:56

Hello Marion, All is well now!.. think I was so sure she was going to win, that I panicked, when the green tick turned to a red cross..you need to move quick!..