General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bored of Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 3 Sep 2004 09:18

Does anyone else get like this from time to time? I've not hit a brick wall, I'm just simply uninterested in my tree.........which is sad as the children have just gone back to School and I have plenty of time to spend on it lol!!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Sep 2004 09:23

Have a break from it and you will soon find that yu want to get back to it. There is no crime in not researching. Sort out family photos, read a book, anything but research, and chat on here. The enthusiasm will return Ann Glos

Bob

Bob Report 3 Sep 2004 10:08

Hobbies are supposed to be fun ! If it's no fun at the moment, then have a break, for as long as it takes (and if it is forever, that's no problem either, it's *your* hobby, it's *your* choice !) Having said that, here's another thought: Maybe a change of direction would you useful ? my motivation has changed, since I started, from trying to find as many ancestors as possible, and going back as far I can, to "staying" with those in living memory, and writing a biography of the family. This means collecting stories, photos, maps, relevant web-sites, certificates, etc, and then, .. the hard part, writing everything up ! I distribute the finished product, every six months or so, among the family, which makes my hobby more interesting for them, so they are more likely to tell me more.

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 3 Sep 2004 16:19

I think your all right - to give it a rest for a while. I like Bob's Idea of a biography type thingy as I have already collected piccies and facts on my journey through the ages lol. I have had plans for a while of dumping it on the net for the world to see lol.......perhaps I should start this NOW. Natrually it goes without saying that I will still join in on the message boards and continue to help others. Glad I'm not the only one who gets overwhelmed by it all lol Thank you Much happiness Debi