General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

fathers 4 justice.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Sep 2004 14:33

over a few months with headlines in the paper and the houses of parliment incident i have been reading closly on the plight of these men that have problems with access to their children.i have had alot of sympathy and support for them and have always donated money to their cause.but unfortunetly i have changed my views after reading in my local paper that they have taken a different approach to their cause.they have managed to get hold of court members addresses and in some incidences have posted rotten food through letterboxes and have said they would take it further.to me the cause is to prove they are good fathers and prove to the courts that they are but this is going to turn the views that people take on them.to terrorise court officials with families of their own does not show that they are good human beings let alone fathers.i would say to the fathers who are campaigning in portsmouth hampshirethink again because this action will not get you the results that you want!xxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Sep 2004 14:57

donna i feel for them.couldn't do that to my husband and the kids suffer aswell.but there are ways and means and i think if they get more support from the public it will go on their side and hopefully the law would change for them to see their children.xxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Sep 2004 15:03

all depends on the father.if he is a bad one not paying maintenence and there has been violence in the relationship then i think he has no right.xxxx(:

badger

badger Report 5 Sep 2004 04:00

My son has an ex wife that never sees her son won,t even take him for a day ,the bairn is now 10 years old and my son can not get any help from respite to get away for a couple of days.He dosn,t get any help that is given to a mother in the same situation ,and is even penalized for insisting in giving up his job to look after his son properly .He ,and his peer,s have every right to be aggrieved but shouldn,t go to these lengths to prove a point ,and i would humbly suggest that some womans rights groups tend to do the same thought of thing to further their ends,it,s only a few idiots on both sides tarring everyone with the same brush.So ,don,t lets go overboard and upset genuine people by blaming all for a few.Fred.ptfg.

Fee

Fee Report 5 Sep 2004 09:03

hi Lisa, I agree that this is not the best course of action but the sole purpose of doing such extreme stunts such as the flour bomb threw at the P.M is to highlight the plight of these fathers who are denied any form of access to their children and who are not given a fair crack of the whip by the government and the judiscial system.I think they must be driven to the point of no return by their situation,often they cant take anymore and choose to do more drastic things.The everyday dad who keeps his head down,suffers quietly and fights in his own way through the courts etc. doesnt seem to get anywhere.Good luck to all those who are keeping the situation in the public eye but I think they should remain unoffensive(ish) and non-violent.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Sep 2004 10:17

It is a sad reflection on our so-called Civilised Society that Fathers (and Grandfathers) have to go to such lengths in order to make the Powers That Be aware that there is a problem. When my ex and I parted I was able to maintain contact with my 2 sons, but my 3 daughters were a problem. I have been able to rebuild my relationship with 2 of them, but the third has transferred her affections to her Step Father, and I have not even seen her 3 children.

Speedy

Speedy Report 5 Sep 2004 10:36

Hi Lisa, I agree, the fathers should think things out, but on the other side of the coin, my husband has been denied access to his childern, when we did try to see them we were sent away and the children were made to suffer and no Socil Services did nothing to help thay made the situation worse, so we had no choice but to back off, that is a case of the mother being worse for them than teir father, on a more posotive not, we now have contact with the eldest lad and his family 2 lovly children, so for you fathers out there if you have any contact with any one that can get messages to your children just keep sending messages to them saying that you love them and are there for them as and when they are ready. Bev