General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How long should one wait for a reply from GR?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 3 Sep 2004 15:52

Some guidance please. Because of changes in GR, it is not easy to contact someone direct without an email address. A current contact would like to send me a scanned photo, but how? Another query, how can I show my tree when the contacts name is not on contacts (under messages)? These two queries were asked of GR a couple of days ago, are they embarrassed by them? or should I know the answers? Derek in France

Paul

Paul Report 3 Sep 2004 16:10

Hi Derek, The other person can send you a message via the GR site, or you could send them one. It will appear in your "messages" on the top left of the screen. They can put their email address in this message which will then allow direct contact without going through the site. As soon as they send you an "internal" message, they should appear in your "contacts" and allow you to give them access to your tree. Hope this helps. Paul

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Sep 2004 17:10

I have found that GR support do eventually reply although not in the suggested two days, more like 3 or 4 working days. Ann Glos

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Sep 2004 08:33

That would be nice Ann. I have never heard back from them.