General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh Dear

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Sep 2004 16:47

Why did i do it?? I went to the pub last night with my boyfriend and three of his mates (all Lads!) they were drinking quite quickly so each time they bought another pint- i got another large glass of wine....7 glasses later (on an empty stomach) i was extremely ummmm how do i put it...slaughtered- fell asleep on the bedroom floor and had to get up at 6.00 this morning. Have been ill all day at work and now i have to go back down to the pub tonite for his birthday drink and its going to be a long one.....I WANT TO GO HOME!!!

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 3 Sep 2004 16:50

A nice long bath or shower followed by a good meal should do the trick (before you have another drink!) Have a good time! Linda

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Sep 2004 16:50

Wish i could Lorr!! i gotta go straight from work....looking very rough aswell!! lol

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Sep 2004 16:52

lol!! oh yes i will!! x

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Sep 2004 16:53

Steph You'll have to dilute the drink tonight. Try wine and soda or lemonade, then it'll take longer to drink and you could, of course, dip out of the occasional round. Any chance you can get a bite to eat at the pub that you are going to? Otherwise you'll miss out on tomorrow! Cheers - opps sorry! Have a nice evening. Wendy

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 3 Sep 2004 16:56

a tip for you drink a pint of milk & something to eat before you go out you should be fine in the morning it work's for me

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Sep 2004 16:57

yeah think i will try and get him to buy me some pub grub!! thanks Lorr...ill tell him, hes heard all about you all!! lol..aaarrrrrrggggghhhhh MILK??? cant go near the stuff!! you know what...i think im just gona have to be borin and stick to the lemonade, im cringing just thinking about it all!!!lol

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Sep 2004 17:00

Tell him 'Happy Birthday' from me and my lot too. The least he could do is stand you the pub grub, it's his mates' fault you drank too much. You couldn't be rude and offend them by refusing the drinks. Now that would be really churlish. Wendy

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Sep 2004 17:09

at 5.30 today i finish! then off to Victoria station. I know its the all the fellas fault, you know whats funny though, we were all so plastered we ended up in the chippie daring eachother to eat pickeled eggs, and who took the dare, yes me!!!! uuuurrrrgggghhhhh, i can tell you now, im glad i had a bin next to me!!! lol

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Sep 2004 17:17

yes i know- but i want to stay here and talk to u guys....save me!!!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Sep 2004 17:22

im off now wish me luck!!! take care -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-