General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Distressed Clothing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Sep 2004 12:39

My youngest son popped in this morning to give me a hand with a bit of furniture moving. Then he was off to pickup his son for the weekend. I said to him "When are you going to wash those Jeans?" He said, "They're clean on." I kid you not they looked like my Jeans used to look like after a weekend working under a Ford Cortina. And this is now acceptable dress among our Movers and Shakers? I just shake my head in disbelief, put on my Dragon Tee shirt, and go out and enjoy myself. Jim

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Sep 2004 12:43

you would not believe jim.if it wasn't for me picking up not my daughters but my husbands clothes he would not wash them permenantlyxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Sep 2004 12:50

Gandpa - is this the scruffy/dirty look or the torn look - and to think they pay loads of £££££ for them - l dunno kids!!!! Is that the same T-Shirt l've seen you in both times at Webbs????? sorry lol lol Jude sarf wales:o)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Fee

Fee Report 4 Sep 2004 13:07

Hi Grampa, I too wear distressed clothing as you put it and so does my husband.I know if I was younger,my dad wouldnt have let me out of the house in them,he would have made great distressed clothes in his time dismantling BSA's and Nortons and such like but they are supposed to be trendy these days!Weird world,eh?

Janice

Janice Report 4 Sep 2004 13:11

Lisa, How is he going to learn if you always do it for him? Janice

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Sep 2004 14:50

No, I mean, Seriously. Those Jeans looked for all the world as if they were covered in black grease stains, and that is how they were designed. I shudder to think how much he paid for them. Funnily enough he declined my offer to let him change my car's exhaust pipe. Lol Jim

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 4 Sep 2004 15:10

Great name for a fashion don,t you think, at least now insted of saying nothing fits because I have put so much weight on. I can say it is the fashion distressed clothing lol.

Jojo

Jojo Report 4 Sep 2004 18:07

What about the jeans that hang down allowing their backside to be seen. I'm always tempted to give them a good pull up, probably get arrested for molesting!! might be worth the risk though, some of the lads are real hunks. Jo.

Joan

Joan Report 4 Sep 2004 18:42

A bit of info on the clothes that expose the wearers backsides, very popular here among the young people of colour. I learned the other evening that the origin of that way of wearing them came from the prisons, where the message was "I am available". Strange style to adopt!

Mags

Mags Report 4 Sep 2004 20:33

Hi Joan, I thought the reasoning behind (excuse the pun) those jeans were that they had had their belts taken away (as they would in prison) and it was to show that they were 'hard men' like convicts. I shall look at them differently now!! Magsx