General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WE'RE OFFFFFF..........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Sep 2004 13:25

Hubby has just got in and l am false feeding him his cheese sarnies - carefully mind, so they don't choke him!!! lol l will take drinks in the car, no time to mess about - byeeeeeeeeeee - c ya:o))))) Jude sarf wales

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Sep 2004 13:28

jude where are you going?xxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Sep 2004 13:30

To see some dogs at the Dogs Trust, with a view to booking one:o)))))))))))))))))))) Jude:o)

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Sep 2004 13:32

have a nice time speak to you soonxxxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Sep 2004 17:31

We're back - and we have booked a dog called Lady, can't believe it - she's nothing like our Lady at all, apart from being very sweet:o) She's a Border Collie cross mostly black with a few white markings - not too brilliant on the lead,but then there was alot going on around her - good with children, will take interest in cats but not chased one,very good having vet checks,no problem to take her food away etc - she will have to be spade but the Dogs Trust will give us a £50 voucher to help towards the cost,unless we can get her back to them - which we probably would'nt, its along journey and not fare after having an op!!!! 6 weeks Free Pet Insurance and £60 squid to pay, plus a collar & lead - can't be bad!!!!! She's going to be kept on the lead for a good few weeks or more and may need to be in the garden,dunno, will need to test that one out - our fence is 4ft at its lowest and 6ft at the back, think she could jump 4ft - 5ft no prob if she really wanted to. We collect her next Sunday on our way back from Birmingham - where we're going to see the wedding photo's and video!!!! what alot to look forward too:o) Must go my sister has just arrived:o) Jude sarf wales

Sandra

Sandra Report 5 Sep 2004 21:22

hi jude nice to see you have chosen a new dog, i hope she settles in well with her new family and you have great times together lol sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Sep 2004 21:56

Fanx Guys - can't talk much cause l have had one glass of wine too many - celebrating with my sister,her hubby and son:o) Jude sarf wales:o)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Sep 2004 22:33

Jude, Hope all goes well with new lady. Love Ann Glos

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Sep 2004 22:46

Thanx Ann:o)

badger

badger Report 6 Sep 2004 08:26

Glad to see you got the new member to the family Jude but i had had a couple of cans,when i read it and fell about laughing at the thought of a dog walking up and down the beach carrying a bucket and [spade],only i got a crack round the lug from Liz so i have been subdued. I love the breed ,fiercely loyal ,very inteligent and good with children,but i hope you have lots of energy ,working dogs need lots of tlc and walks.Fredptfg.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 13:57

Jude From our experience Bordie Collies hate being on a lead - not natural for them. Discovered that if you let them wander round the house/garden with the lead on, they accept it more. it is a better idea to have a 'chain' lead than a leather one to prevent chewing! Lady will probably try to round up any other animal in sight and 'pen' it. Hazel

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 14:22

Hi all - thanks for all your messages:o Fred what u on about:o)am l dim whats the bucket and spade bit - or did you have more than a few cans!!!!! Liz sort im out:o) Good idea about keeping her on a lead lose in the garden and around the house perhaps. As far as l can remember her details said she is ok with cattle etc - but she came from Ireland as a stray so we don't know how long she was there and how much they knew of her. She looks like a cross b/collie,but even so we realise she'll need loads of walks - our other dog had 2-4 walks a day,when she was well one of those would be an hour and half,the other 20 mins plus. Hubby can't wait to get her along the river and into the fields through the forest and away!!(we will get an extension lead as well) Pat - do hope you can work it out with Murphy he sounds lovely, just needs more time to settle:o) The idea of the crate or his space sounds good though!:o) Our old Lady used to play with a Rhodesian, he would grab her collar and take her round the field - he was only a pup of about 10mths called Cane, she loved him!!!!:o) Oh well thats it - would love to be walking her now,but its 52 miles each way and hubby has not been home long - he cream crackered!;O( Jude sarf wales

Julia

Julia Report 6 Sep 2004 14:30

Jude I'm so pleasd for you that your getting another dog,I'm sure you will love her as much as lady maybe in a differant way. I know when our Koyli goes that she will be our last dog as we are both now unable to excercise properly, suits Koyli but wouldnt do for a younger dog. Enjoy your new Lady and may you have many happy years together Julia

badger

badger Report 6 Sep 2004 14:34

Jude ,it was the way you spelt speyed [spade] and yes i had had a couple of extra strength,it always makes me see the funny side of things,i just had this vision of a collie marching up the beach with a bucket in one paw ,and a spade in the other.Fred,ptfg.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 14:50

Hi Julia - l've been wondering where you were, have you seen the pcture of both Ladies on MSN GC photo site, l started putting pics on there after l saw ur piccie of Koyle,but at the time l could'nt work out to get Lady on there - sorted now, How is she?? Take care:o) Fred - ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, trust me, my spelling is atrociuos (cheated with that one!!!) l can definately see the funny side now:o)))))))))))))))) Jude sarf wales

Julia

Julia Report 6 Sep 2004 16:27

Jude Just checked out the photo's, nice to see you. The two ladies are so differant arent they, old lady looks bit like corgie Koyli has good and bad days but what ever each one is a bonus we just love her to bits catch up soon Julia

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 16:43

We've just bought Lady(2) and fluffy pink duck for 50p from a charity shop, its quite large as well:o)))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 16:45

Jude We have a Border Collie too, Lucy, she's 6 and we got her from a rescue centre about 6 months ago, and I have to say she's been great - no problems to speak of. We hardy ever use the lead, she's brilliant with kids and not too fussed about cats, although she will chase them if they run away, but she wouldn't know what to do with it if she caught it ! She's so full of energy, always wants to play (which can be a bit of a pain sometimes, but not a major issue). Only problem we have is that she's frightened of noises etc, and sometimes it's really odd things; we live in an area with lots of building work going on, and she's not fussed about the machinery noises etc, but if she hears raised voices outside at night she's afraid. We often come home to find her shut in the bathroom - she goes there to hide when she's scared - can get in, but it's got a firedoor that shuts behind her and she can't get out again bless her. Seeing how she reacted to the recent storms, we're not looking forward to the firework season ! Hope you have lots of fun with Lady :) Paul & Sharon

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 17:24

Paul - l just typed along reply to you and l lost it (well l have lost it anyways - !!!!). Thank you for ur reply - Lady (2) was pulling quite abit yesterday and darting all over the place, but one she's in season and 2 there was soooo much going on there, dogs in all directions etc - she kept laying flat which is a typical Collie thingy, part of the herding thing, so could be interesting when we go walking through the fields - she'll be on a lead though. l have a feeling she will be interested in getting out,but we'll see. She's been there since 31st July not too long but long enough for a Collie, l understand they get stressed quickly - so the sooner we get her home the better, but then in 6 weeks she'll have to have the op!!!! Yhanks all of you for your stories and best wishes:o))))) Jude sarf wales - 2nd attempt!!