General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Six degrees of separation

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Sep 2004 17:47

You know that idea that any two people are connected by a maximum of 6 other people? How does it work on this board? Gaynor - lives Stoke Poges, arranged meet-up 16th near Aston Rowant. I have a gt gt gt grandfather, born Aston Rowant, who settled in Stoke Poges. Donna - went to Twickenham yesterday, so did I. who else is connected to me? Here are some possible connection points: I was born in Redhill, Surrey. I grew up in Sanderstead, Surrey and went to school in Old Coulsdon. I went to college in Acton (Ealing School of Librarianship), worked in London for National Farmers' Union, then IEA Coal Research, then The Spastics Society. Lived in Northwood. Moved to Hitchin where I got hitched (sorry!). Wasps rugby fan, love reading, family gt grandparents from Cornwall, Norfolk, Gloucestershire, Surrey, Essex. nell

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Sep 2004 18:03

My only connections are that I lived in Clifton from 1981 to 1992 and our phone number was a Hitchin one. and I live in Gloucester now and Husbnd's Gt grandfather was born in Gloucestershire. Ann Glos

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Sep 2004 18:20

Brenda I had 4 gt uncles in the Met and one in the City of London police. You must be my long-lost twin!!! nell

Mags

Mags Report 5 Sep 2004 18:22

Great Grandmother on my husband's side came from LEWKNOR - where Gaynor's do is going to be. My long lost grandfather was originally from Prees in Shropshire but moved to HITCHIN - which is where my 'new' relatives were brought up. My daughter lives in Hucclecote, GLOUCESTER. I moved to Bristol from Dunstable in Bedfordshire. Father born in Birmingham, mother in Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire. They died in Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire I have worked for General Motors and Inland Revenue Nearly forgot - one of my relatives was a Chelsea Pensioner in 1871. Magsx

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Sep 2004 18:49

My previous boss lived in Aston Rowant whilst I was working for him ... and most of my rellies came from Cornwall .... I also lived in Herts for a few years. Mandy :)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Sep 2004 22:36

Just out of interest Nell (nothing really to do with this thread). We have visitors with us at the moment who live in Letchworth. Ann Glos