General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 Spoof: who was it ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bob

Bob Report 6 Sep 2004 08:03

Can any one remember who the spoof entry was in the 1881 census ? Some one posted it here recently.

Bob

Bob Report 6 Sep 2004 08:06

yes Dave, that's the one !

Tracy

Tracy Report 6 Sep 2004 08:11

It was Robert Goodman what a laugh

Bob

Bob Report 6 Sep 2004 08:30

Thanks, all of you, for your prompt replies. I'll make a note of it this time !

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 6 Sep 2004 09:03

Wasnt the International playboy a true entry then?...If it wasnt i was well sucked in,,,!!!

Bob

Bob Report 6 Sep 2004 09:07

Also: one of the servants came from Pakistan .... Pakistan ? 1881 ? Aw, come on !!!!

Andy

Andy Report 6 Sep 2004 12:03

Wasn't one of the household's occupation listed as Rent Boy or something along those lines? A.

Bob

Bob Report 6 Sep 2004 13:31

The Head of the house was as international playboy, the son was a ponce !

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 6 Sep 2004 13:45

You do realise that there are spoof entries in Civil Registration too? Registrars were paid by number of entries, so sometimes bumped up the figures. I think that Liverpool is one of the suspect areas. Cunning thing about the 1881 spoof is that it was added to the enumerator's book before it was filmed. Brenda

Christine

Christine Report 6 Sep 2004 20:34

Have tried Robert goodman & all the info given but can't find him - have see it before - isn't it somewhere in London - help please