General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Its going to be....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 6 Sep 2004 08:23

Our little boy is going in for tests tomorrow at the childrens clinic,he has had them before about six months ago,it involves injecting him with radioactive dye and scanning him.Im not overly worried about the procedure as he has had it before but how do we keep a year old rascal still for twenty minutes at a time?!I think he will throw a wobbly fit!

Joyce

Joyce Report 6 Sep 2004 08:41

Hi , Fee , Oh , poor little fella !!!!! . Maybe they might give him a mild sedation . I know nothing about this procedure but I'm sure it's been done countless times . Don't worry , he'll sail through it. Let us know how it went , wont you ??? I'll be thinking about your baby , All best wishes # Joyce

Fairy

Fairy Report 6 Sep 2004 09:18

Poor little mite. I'm sure he will be fine. Jo.

Suzy

Suzy Report 6 Sep 2004 09:59

Hello Fee I know just how you feel. My eldest daughter has the same procedure to look at her kidney (nuclear medicine - it sounds horrendous!!) That's when we found out she only had one kidney, and it was badly scarred from infections. She was three years old at the time and I was terrified. She had the procedure again last year at the age of eight and everything was fine. My two sons were also tested to see if they only had a singular kidney - both of them had two. Phww. At the time the youngest was about 18 months, and I kept him still with books, nursery rhymes and his favourite toys - making up endless stories as I went along!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 10:00

Hi Fee - rrrr bless him, will be thinking of him - big hugs for him:o) Jude sarf wales

Fee

Fee Report 6 Sep 2004 10:32

Thanks all,will let you know how he gets on.We knew he had this condition in the womb at four months so it isnt new to us but this is to determine what,if any treatment they can do to correct it.Wont know the results until October so lets hope it is good news!It will be good fun keeping him occupied!Its his first birthday the following day(wednesday) so we will spoil him rotten x

Sandra

Sandra Report 6 Sep 2004 11:37

Hi Fee i hope it all goes well at the hospital, and i send my best wishes that all will be ok for your son sandra

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 6 Sep 2004 12:28

if he see's your not worried about it he should be fine good luck

Anne

Anne Report 6 Sep 2004 13:29

Good luck Fee hope everything will be ok and a very happy first birthday to the wee man hugs and kisses Lynda

Melinda

Melinda Report 6 Sep 2004 15:12

hope everything goes ok for your little boy, best wishes melinda xx

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Sep 2004 15:31

Hope it's not too stressful, and that he is o.k.