General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how many times did it take you to pass your drivin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 6 Sep 2004 08:27

while speaking to my half sister on saturday she told me it took her seven goes and 12 yrs of driving lessons to pass her test i passed mine in decemeber last year after only about 8 lessons and i passed first time ,how many times did it take you and how many lessons did you have

badger

badger Report 6 Sep 2004 08:31

Exactly the same as you Kylie ,i think a lot depends on your instructer ,and where you take your test .A lot depends on the mood the examiner is in too.Mind you ,i took mine in 1966,and it was a lot easier then.Fred.ptfg.

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 6 Sep 2004 08:35

it does fred my instructor was 24 the most chilled out person i have ever met nothing scared him had one lady for one lesson came in crying after that lesson cos she was so horrible but the one i got in end was great i now recommend him to everyone ,but hubby does ask how did i pass first time i just say its how you look at the examiner (hehe)

badger

badger Report 6 Sep 2004 08:40

eeeeee Kylie ,thats sooooo unfair ,using your feminine wiles to get yourself through your test ,no wonder hubby is suspicious of your motives,lol.Fred.ptfg.

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 6 Sep 2004 08:42

well u gotta do something plus i think hubby jealous cos he passed second time and he hates to admit im a better driver then him

badger

badger Report 6 Sep 2004 08:45

All male drivers hate to admit to anyone ,male ,or female is better than him,i don,t have that problem ,liz can,t drive .fred.

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 6 Sep 2004 09:09

that made me laugh david mine wasnt so bad ,over here you have 7 sections and you pass 5 of them to passyou test well i failed the first part and i hadnt left the driving centre the reason was cos when my instructor picked me up my drive is on a hill so i automatically put my foot on the brake and put the car in drive and went (i learnt in an automatic) well at the licensing centre it was flat so i didnt put my foot on the brake and it wouldnt go into drive iwas forcing it to go into drive well in the end the examiner told me what to do and i sailed the rest of it messed up reverse parking to but he let me have my license

Fairy

Fairy Report 6 Sep 2004 09:14

I'm ashamed to say it took me four. The first time the instructor put me in for it too early. The second time....a bag of nerves. The third time.....I was eight months pregnant and huge (I knew I'd failed before I got in the car) The examiner did'nt like that one bit. The forth time....I could'nt care a hoot and did it. Jo.

Sidami

Sidami Report 6 Sep 2004 09:50

Well Joanne I passed on my eighth time, thought I was never going to pass, only whispering this though cos I don't want any one else to hear me.lol Sue

Valice in

Valice in Report 6 Sep 2004 10:19

Took mine 5 times in 1966, after the first time took it in our own car, one time it broke down half way, so that was a fail, it was a 3 gear car, so examiner told my hubby that because you needed to double declutch, it was like asking me to run before I could walk. Then I took it in driving instructors car, and had an examiner who made me feel more at ease, and passed, and what a huge relief that was.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 10:24

Ten lessons passed first time - I do not think that I would have a chance now - this was well before the theory and all that rubbish - a bit beyond me. Lin

Julie

Julie Report 6 Sep 2004 10:39

i passed mine first time in april this year must admit though i had about 40 lessons. I had heard its 1 lesson for each year you are so i saved myself a lesson as i was 41 at the time