General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alarm Clocks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Sep 2004 08:28

Another Monday morning and I wonder how many rely on alarm clocks to wake them. I hate being woken from sleep, prefering to wake naturally and haven't used an alarm clock in years and manage to be able to do this even if I've been 'burning the midnight oil'.- and Yes, I do have to wake early on weekdays, about 5.15am.

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 6 Sep 2004 08:32

i hate them hubby uses one then turns it off by then im already awake so im nudging telling him to wake and he starts getting moody at me for doing this i say why set the alarm for 6 if you aint getting up till 7am he says he just does

badger

badger Report 6 Sep 2004 08:36

I used to set mine every night throughout my working life ,[just in case] but nearly always i woke up at five thirty and switched it off..It used to annoy me though cause at the weekend there was no way of turning the internal clock off and to wake up at that time on a Sunday is soooo annoying.Fred.ptfg.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Sep 2004 21:34

You're right Fred. It would be good if our internal clocks could be programmed for a different time at weekends, although in the summer I've come to regard the extra daylight hours as bonus time. Much of the area is quiet and I get a time to myself when I don't have to be wife, mother and grandmother and all that entails. - not quite so keen in the winter though! Kylie, maddening though it is for you, I guess hubby can kid himself that he's had an extra hour, (even if you haven't!)

Bob

Bob Report 6 Sep 2004 22:08

Gwyneth For years I have been working all sorts of different hours which meant that I might start at any time of day or night. The strange thing is that I almost always woke before the alarm.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 6 Sep 2004 22:18

Ever since I had my kids I haven't slept very well or really needed that much sleep. I usually go to bed anywhere between 3 or 4am and I'm back up at 7am. I always set the alarm to go off 20 mins early and keep pressing the snooze button, poor hubby it drives him mad. Since he was made redundant in July he still wakes every morning at 5am. Christine