General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone seen..and what did you think

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 10:31

Over the weekend I watched "The Passion of the Christ" and thought that it was a well make film if a bit bloodthirsty. I believed it was a one man's adaptation (Mel Gibson) of who was the guilty party in condeming Jesus ie pass the buck situation. I am not a religious person, but nevertheless it tells a story as the title says with passion. What did you think. Lin

Fairy

Fairy Report 6 Sep 2004 11:03

No I hav'nt seen it yet and I'm not sure I really want to. I know the story like most people. Why would I want to watch a film of a man being tourtured and executed? Not me, I'm to squemish. On the other hand maybe we should all watch it to be remined of what one man did for all of us. I always see two sides of everything at the same time. Jo.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 11:39

Hi Joanne Thats why I was asking for others opinion, did the way the story was told make you more passionate in your belief, as I think was the intention of the producer or did it have the reverse - it certainly did not have me turning away in disgust, but there again it certainly put a dampeners on the glitzy hollywood versions, and going by history books they were very troubled and sometimes brutal times. Lin

John

John Report 6 Sep 2004 12:10

I saw it at the flicks in April. There was a thread about it then I think. The Romans weren't into PC! Crucifixion was an awful death. It's not just the New Testament that gives us information on it. Look at Roman historians too.

Fairy

Fairy Report 6 Sep 2004 16:12

Lin, Sorry you have only had three replies on the subject. This could be a good debatable point. Jo.

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 08:06

Thats ok Joanne, obviously not many chaps have seen the film - pity it certainly gives you food for thought. ttfn Lin