General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Great GRANFATHER?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Sep 2004 12:54

Ive Found a marriage for a John Martin on the BMD Who married a Sarah Byrne on the 12th April 1855 at christchurch Surrey JOhn Being 29yrs old Sarah 34yrs,then I found Sarahs Death in Christchurch Surrey in Sept 1856,Could this be My JOHN MARTIN??he was born 1824 in Christchurch Surrey.the reason I ask is Icant find a marriage for him and my GRanma also a Sarah who had SIX children together the first being my granfather John Martin junior born 1865/66 in Christchurch, old John was about 40yrs then and My Sarah around 28yrs old IVE gone back at least 10y and to the last born in 1879 but noooooooooo marriage can be found .Could he have been married ? then widowed ?? and Just lived over the brush as they say?? How can I find out if he is my Great Granfather?? on his death cert Sept 1881 Sarah says shes his Widow,and when she married in JAn1883 she claimed to be the widow of John Martin.......Help........ Jean.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 6 Sep 2004 16:58

Jean, I can't help you, but if you find the answer please let me know cos I'm in the same boat with my gt gt grandparents! Sorry, but at least this will nudge it up for you! Maz. XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 17:06

Ooh blimey Jean, I'm not good enough at this lark yet to give you any advice, sounds complicated! Have you tried posting this on the Tips board as well? Good luck!! Mandy :)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Sep 2004 17:44

To MAZ/MANDY thanks girls, yes I have put some thing simular on the Tips board no Joy so far .My gr,GRanfather and Granma Sarah are a pain in the a...........s.Ican follow the whole family from 1871/right down to my Mother 1913 and myself 1939.Its the inbetween yrs befor 1871 even Sarahs birth I know she was born 1837/8,then nothing, oh well no one said it would be easy eh?? each of the children had a different name for thier mother.ie{ Sarah Martin formaly ELLIS, Kellis ,Kellers.} I think she didnt want to be found or she was either married befor or she was just running away from some thing or someone.... as it was the same Sarah { as she was Blind from birth.JEAN.