General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What's your fancy!..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Sep 2004 15:00

Anybody got a favourite cake?, our new bakers looks very inviting...jammy doughnuts,different coloured iced buns etc., didn't know which to choose!..

Lisa

Lisa Report 6 Sep 2004 15:02

beligian buns are my favourite and lardy cake with loads of melted sugarxxxx(:

badger

badger Report 6 Sep 2004 15:11

Lardy cake ,though i havn,t seen it in the north east ,and bread pudding from my grandads recipe ,it beats the shopbought by miles . The only other i like is the fruit cake with the almonds on top ,but i like the moist variety.Fred.ptfg.

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Sep 2004 15:21

Have often wondered why it is called 'lardy' cake?, what's a true bath-bun, and what is a 'balm' cake, (as referred to by Vera Duckworth?). Then there's chorley cakes and eccles cakes, are they the same thing?..

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 15:22

Lardy cake and butter - greasy but loovely!:o)

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Sep 2004 15:23

Help, what happened to the message? oops!.

Anne

Anne Report 6 Sep 2004 15:29

West Indian wedding/christening/birthday cakes delicious with the added bonus of lots of rum!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it lol. Lynda

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Sep 2004 15:46

Hope you treated yourself today, Linda!..

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 6 Sep 2004 15:56

german choc cake delish they have it for brecky over there it's like a choc bread their name for it i cnt remeber but i do know it means choc bread cake it's shaped like bread to you cant buy it it's made

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 6 Sep 2004 16:35

What about Russian Slice?.looks nice but taste waful, Someone told me its bits of leftover stale cake,,,no wonder i didnt like it,, I like mine fresh,,ish,,

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Sep 2004 16:44

Ah!, David, those Chorley cakes are the ones I like, then!. Bet they taste better up there!, (isn't that near you?).