General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

YOU STILL DON`T

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 6 Sep 2004 22:35

See many men,adding to the threads, in contrast to all the ladies and their girly talk ( no offence meant ladies ) Does this mean, the women have commandeered the computer, ?

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 22:39

It means men have commandeered the tv!

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2004 22:41

I guess there's a few reasons. More women have more spare time during the day ("housewifes" - I don't say that in a derogatory way, it's just fact). Plus - women talk more - it's a generalization maybe, but it's pretty much scientifically proven. Those of us blokes that like to chat must just be a little more in touch with our feminine side :) Paul

Joy

Joy Report 6 Sep 2004 22:46

No offence taken! Mm, I remember starting a thread in a similar vein, wondering why it seems more ladies than gentlemen post threads and answer them. Wouldn't it be fun if all the subscribers tried to post threads?! Joy

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 6 Sep 2004 22:56

I've just had a similar chat with my rather chatty bros in law lol! Generally women do take over and the men take a back seat ( any thing for a quiet life lol) Much happiness Debi

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 6 Sep 2004 23:01

my husband says i can talk a glass eye to sleep lol

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 Sep 2004 08:37

never mind Baz at least a few men join in, and i enjoy seeing your threads, maybe us girls just scare them, though i don't know why lol sandra

Anne

Anne Report 7 Sep 2004 08:41

Hi Baz, I think I might have the answer for you, Is it because not many men can think and type at the same time :o) hehe Lynda lol

June

June Report 7 Sep 2004 08:42

There are very few like you around Baz, pity there isn't more. Love June xx

John

John Report 7 Sep 2004 08:43

Baz, remember it's quality that counts not quantity!! :-)

badger

badger Report 7 Sep 2004 08:53

When i can,t get on mine exept for the odd few minutes when i have to barricade the door to keep Liz out ,i would say youve got it about right Baz.Fred.ptfg.

Bob

Bob Report 7 Sep 2004 09:58

I started reading this thread, was going to add a comment, and then reached Pauls reply. I agree with him, that it's probably the housewives (also not derogatory), or people who (for whatever the reason) are home most of the day, who can contribute most. I "look in" during working time, in coffee breaks, and while waiting for the computer to process stuff, but if I'm really busy, then I don't ! And when I get home, or weekends, I've usually had enough of computers !!

Bob

Bob Report 7 Sep 2004 10:03

Ann, are you sure you didn't post "IN THE HOSPITAL.....(joke)" under Lindy's name ??

Anne

Anne Report 7 Sep 2004 10:32

lol Bob Lynda