General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Heritage open days 10 September onwards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 7 Sep 2004 14:46

Hiya Over this weekend and next week alot of buildings and churches are open and allowing access to parts that you dont normally get to see. They are also having old photos etc on display, I am planning on going to two events this weekend - one of them being a church near me which is opening its doors and having lots of old school photos and also the census records from 1871 to 1901 showing who lived in the parish area. My gg Grandad and his siblings were christened at this church, so I'm hoping to find it very useful. The website for more details is http://www.heritageopendays.org/ Karen

valinkent

valinkent Report 7 Sep 2004 14:52

Thanks for that info Karen .Will have a look at the web site . Nice to have met you last Sunday Val xxformally Maid of Kent