General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pass the bucket, somebody!..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 8 Sep 2004 22:11

Why do spiders seem to be getting bigger these days?!, have just got back from sister-in-laws, and there's one on the bathroom ceiling, and...it's MASSIVE.., not helped by the fact, that friend John's message is making me want to go there!... HELP!..

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Sep 2004 22:17

I think it is the weather!! I have some that could live in Australia, and my dog just loves to chase them - and eat them too!! Margaret

Debbie

Debbie Report 8 Sep 2004 22:34

I thought my house was the only one to have the giant spiders. The computer is under the stairs, and boyfriend has one in the loft so when he is up there and the hatch is open they drop down through the stairs usualy onto my lap or shoulder. And for the rest of the night I cant settle I spend all night touching my shoulders and hair and making grunting noises. I have found that if you do scream really loud when you are trying to kill one it does help a bit. My little girl came flyig down the stairs the other night saying there is a daddy long legs on the wall, so up I get to go and have a look and she suddenly changed her mind and decided it was a tarantula, and my god it looked as big boyfriend was in the shower and I was screaming so loud he jumped out with so and all and killed it for me, it left the biggest mark on the wall ever. If I was you and had no one else there with me I would get a bucket and go to the loo downstairs.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 8 Sep 2004 22:36

Brave daughter with the help of the mop-head, has just whooshed it along the ceiling, to the open window, can't see it, shall shut window, tonight!. Remembering what mum used to say "if you want to live and thrive"!...

John

John Report 8 Sep 2004 22:41

Use a vacuum cleaner. That's what I do if they're really big.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Sep 2004 23:55

Take 1 glass, plus a piece of card( envelope) Place the glass over the spider, slide the card between the spider and ceiling/ wall/floor. Now you have the spider in a glass, covered with a card. take it into the garden,/or open area, and tip spider out. then run indoors.................before it gets you..... Bob

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 9 Sep 2004 06:31

just pick them up in ur hands u wimps.................... they r much smaller than you and far more scared lol

Sue

Sue Report 9 Sep 2004 08:58

Well said Lou! Years ago, when my kids were small, my friend over the road phoned me one evening. She was almost hysterical. She was just about to bath her kids, but there was an enormous spider in the bath and none of them would go into the bathroom. I went over to 'rescue' them all and as I picked up the spider I heard a crash behind me. My friend had fainted! It was just the thought of me actually touching the spider! This happened over 20 years ago and I still tease her about it now! Never kill a spider, they are harmless creatures! Now wasps are a different matter...........................LOL (got stung yesterday:o( Sue