General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Everything but the kitchen sink...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 10 Sep 2004 14:14

Believe it or not I'm bored with shopping. With an entire flat to develop I've had my fill. I've sourced wallpapers and paint colours. Next week I have carpets being laid which took me two days travelling around Scotland to find. I've spent hours on the phone with the divviest kitchen door maker going over and over colours and sizes. I've managed to find an oak laminate floor that exactly matches both the kitchen worktop and the oak furniture in the bedroom. I've hand painted canvasses and made mirrors and I've tiled the bathroom and will set about the bathroom floor this weekend. I've accessorised like no girl has accessorised before from taps to towels and cushions to curtains. And now I just need to choose a sink - and I really don't have the energy left. So if someone else wouldn't mind..... I'm thinking round with round drainer........ let me know when you've found something

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Sep 2004 14:23

Hi Zoe I've got a round sink with a round drainer (stainless steel). Got them from MFI but can't remember the price off hand. Jeanette x

Zoe

Zoe Report 10 Sep 2004 14:28

perfect. If you could just disconnect the plumbing for me I can pop round monday evening to collect You're an angel Z xx

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Sep 2004 14:32

LOL Zoe! Bog off woman you're not having my sink! Go to www*mfi*co*uk. Click on kitchen then essentials then sinks and accessories. They also do a round granite sink but I'm not sure if it's got a drainer Jeanette x

Zoe

Zoe Report 10 Sep 2004 14:35

Jeanette was just on the site as you were posting your message. Exactly what I had in mind. Does it scratch at all or is yours still quite shiny?

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Sep 2004 14:40

Mines not too bad. Comes up lovely with a bit of Jif (don't like saying Cif! lol). But I have a dishwasher so they don't get as much use as they would if I actually washed my pots in them. Jeanette x

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Sep 2004 14:42

I've had them 2 years by the way and they still look pretty good

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Sep 2004 15:24

zoe good luck with finding the sink, your home sounds beautiful and you'll soon be finished and able to put your feet up on those winter nights with a home to die for. lol sandra

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 10 Sep 2004 16:28

Zoe, you sound like you could be on changing rooms,..

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 16:30

hmmmm let me look in my handbag......... theres a bath tap, coat stand, sofa bed ........ nope sorry - no sink here

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 16:33

Zoe I inherited a round sink with my first house - it may look interesting, but you can't get a baking sheet or a grill pan into it for cleaning. nell

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Sep 2004 16:36

Good point Nell. Looks like you're gonna need a dishwasher too then Zoe! lol Jeanette x

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Sep 2004 16:36

know how you feel zoe.just had our kitchen done.we have had a belfast sink put in with gold effect taps .you wouldn't believe the taps were fifty punds less than the sink.they were one hundred and fifty pounds.we have had beech worksurfaces and a double cooker.all in all we have spent six thousand pounds just on one room.it is so expensive to change your house .i like spending and doing the house up .bit find it very costlyxxxx(:

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Sep 2004 18:26

Lisa, Watch out which cleaning products you use on'gold' taps. My cousin ruined a set in a newly fitted bathroom.

Zoe

Zoe Report 10 Sep 2004 18:58

fortunately I'm decorating it to sell it so I'll not have the worry of a baking tray in a round sink!!!! either that or I'll just have to stick to baking cakes. kitchen so far has been pretty cheap - I'm just keeping the same cabinets and getting new doors so its less than £800 all in and I have the bonus of a mum who is willing to come and wallpaper for me so i havent had to get in a decorator yet as i'm quite swift at tiling so thats all m y wallcoverings sorted my only remaining problem is the flat across from me where they're also refurbishing but they insist on leaving piles of wood/rubbish in our communal hall I'll be relieved when I can get it sold and move back to my mums - then theres only an extension to plan/build/decorate *sigh*